Used 2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Consumer Reviews - 90 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

The Right Choice
By Driver8

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've had the Civic Hybrid for a month, and I'm very pleased with its mileage (43 MPG over all), its comfort, its stereo, and its features. I thought about a Prius, but the Civic is better- -and a better buy. It's standard features are better--and you don't rack up another 3K in price to get good features. I used Edmunds to get a read, and these reviews really helped me. For example, at 6'1', I needed more leg room--and got it with the Civic. And golf clubs fit right in the trunk. Two kids in the back very comfortably. I drove an Accord in high school, and this Civic is the same size--very cool. Pick up is great when needed; but it's mileage gauge teaches you to be a smarter with gas.

Mileage and mileage gauge; engine shut off at stop...no wasting gas and pumping junk in the air; radio; cup holders and storage; dash; steering wheel controls; modern look; good A/C; programmable locks;

Flip key; back seat arm rest (child divider); Bluetooth; keep improving mileage

Save Big!
By Steven

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

If you drive with gas saving in mind, slowly & patiently this car is for you. Little bit of a stiff ride,but seats are comfy. CVT takes a little bit to get used to. Been accustomed to having a vehicle shift to each gear,now this cvt is shiftless just the one gear constantly adjusting for best fuel mileage. Power is what you should expect from a hybrid. I think my lawn mower has more get up and go. Steers like a charm and no complaints yet. I honestly drive like a grandpa. This car suits me very well. Performance is not this vehicle by any means. I've owned a Camaro with a LS1 engine, I know power and paying for it at the pump.

Speedometer, feel, looks, predicted gas mileage, steering wheel mounted controls, automatic climate control.

Head lights, rims are ugly, small cargo area.

I Love This Car!
By Andrew

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I love this little car. It is super easy to maneuver and so fun to drive. My only complaint is that it is a little underpowered for highway driving. There is plenty of power for city driving however. But that is the sacrifice you make when you buy the hybrid. But I do get 52mpg on the highway! City driving is more around 40 to 41mpg. Arlington in quite the hilly county so I am not surprised the actual mileage in city is not higher. I also love this car because at 6'3 the car is quite accomodating but I do have to have my seat all the way back. That means that the people sitting behind me are more than a tad cramped. Ergonomics are great and everything is within reach.

Opal blue silver exterior color, iPod hookup, auto-dimming rearview mirror, tilt/telescoping steering wheel, gas mileage meter next to the speedometer. Speedometer in line of sight, great gas mileage, auto A/C, turn signals in the side mirrors, and 8year/80000 mile warranty on the battery.

Offer the car in more colors. I think it should come in the green that the Civic GX NGV comes in and the tango red pearl and black. I would say no to the blue interior color, it may be unique but it makes the interior feel smaller. Also, There should be a second row armrest.

Great Little Car
By dave

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I was driving an '00 Ford Escort and when I read the "noisy ride" Consumer Reports comments, I worried about the noise level. Alas, the Civic Hybrid is comparatively silent! I am getting 50+ MPG in town (flat Florida) with AC off, 47 with AC on. On the drive home from Ohio, I got 48. The transmission is so smooth I never notice the "shift". Wife (leadfoot) loves the speedometer placed right in the line of vision with big, well lit numerals. Braking is satisfactory (Accord is better). Acceleration surprisingly adequate but if you lead foot it, you pay in the MPG dept. The seats are OK. It's really fun to see how your driving habits affect your fuel economy (MPG display).

Fuel economy!! Fit and finish; gas cap access inside; MPG continuous display. Fingertip cruise and radio on steering wheel. Floor mats included! Cool motor shutdown at stop. Trip odometer and trip MPG computer (after 2000 mi I still compute per tank mileage 3-4 MPG above the computer).

Leather seat option. Cushier seats (see Accord leather). Head restraints seem too far forward. Lumbar support adjustment for seats.

Great car
By JV

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan w/Navi (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This car has exceeded my expectations. I have a lengthy commute (100 miles a day) and needed a car with good gas mileage. Gas mileage has been holding at 48 mpg for mixture of interstate, highway and city miles. At 55 MPH on the relatively flat Florida roads I can get about 55ish MPG. The Civic Hybrid exceeded my expectations in two main areas. First, it accelerates a little better than I expected. Maybe it just feels like it to me, who knows. The next area I was impressed with still amazes me. There is an incredible amount of room in the front seat! I'm 6'2" 230 lbs used to a full size pickup truck but this car has tons of head room, shoulder room and my seat isn't all the way back! Wow.

Roomy (see above). The navigation system is sweet and the XM radio is phenomenal. Of course the MPG is great as well. Oh yeah, and it looks a lot better than a Prius.

Not much trunk space but I didn't buy a hybrid to haul stuff around.