Used 2007 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews - 528 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Honda Civic

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Bad Rear Control Arms
By kgoz

2007 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The 2007 Civics have been involved in a class action lawsuit involving the rear control arms.
If you purchase a used civic make sure the rear control arms have the letter "C" stamped on them, otherwise you will rapidly wear out tires.
The fix for this problem costs several hundred dollars (and Honda WILL NOT PAY for the repair).

Fuel economy is excellent.

Fuel economy

Fix rear control arm problem

Engine Block Cracks in cold weather
By airb

2007 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

We had negative temperatures this winter. After that my car was losing antifreeze, but couldn't find were it was going.
After a few weeks we found out Honda has a "secret warranty" on the engine block cracking in cold weather in Honda Civics from 06-09 and maybe even 2010. That's what happened to my civic.
Honda should pay for this if that's what's wrong. Honda make us jump through hoops to have them fix it. They still didn't fix it, and charged us $700 for just looking at it. Now, we are still fighting to get our money back. This is the biggest part of the engine. Antifreeze went in our oil and messed our engine up and had to buy another engine.

The gas mileage. Best we ever got was 48mpg.

Honda corporate office, and Bill Gatton Honda needs to be less greedy. They need to help their costumers more. Also, they need to make better quality cars.

Not happy with Honda
By eric_d

2007 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car used with 32,000 miles on it and now own it with 96,000 miles. This is a good looking car and it is fun to drive. I will give it that...but...this build quality and reliability is horrible. The rear control arms ate away two sets of tires, and am currently waiting on Honda to reimburse me for them. Once on a road trip, some sensor failed and I was unable to go faster than 50 miles an hour. Very unsafe. The dome lights work intermittently as does the third brake light. I just had to replace the motor mount, as that has failed and caused extreme vibrations and loud noises when I shift from park to reverse. The road noise is also very loud. I am very disappointed with Honda.

The sound system on the EX is actually pretty decent. The A/C and heat is very powerful. The digital gauges are pretty cool too.

Better quality control, better seat (no lumbar support), ability to make the seats lower (I am 6'3 and my head hits the roof.

Great Trouble free car
By hpopik

2007 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my Honda Civic and it is
a great dependable car .Drives nicely and handles well except in snow as it is not good for Alberta snowy winters. I have only 53,000 Kilometers about 35,000 miles and the car is just great.
Only one long trip of about 2,000 miles to Great Falls and back to St.Albert, Alberta in Canada.
Tires with purchase were of poor quality and I replaced them
with Bridgestone Ecopia tires and the car handles better than new.
I like the car as mine is black and other than a few dingles which I had detailed out for $275 and car looks like new . Visor had to be replaced on warranty and nothing else other than tires.
Great gas mileage and handles extremely well.
Since my last review I now have 79000 Kilometers or 50,000 miles as of July 30,2016 and the car is still awesome .
I use synthetic oil and have my changed the transmission fluid as the car is 9 years old.
Still a good car and I intend on keeping it as long as possible.
I Had to replace the coil springs for $1100 Canadian $800 Us at 80,000 or 50,000 miles so the reliability is not as good as advertised .Other than that the car is excellent!

1st honda and love it!
By sticks4

2007 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

First honda, bought it used. A little hesitant with 90,000 miles, but after talking to honda mechanics they said its a baby. Love the ride, the handling, the great gas mileage. I'm a big guy, driving it till my daughter gets her license. Then I may step and get a accord for my self. The day after buying the civic, I bought my my wife the honda crv! Another great vehicle, I LOVE honda.

Everything! The handling and great gas mileage!

Give it to me???