Used 2007 Honda Civic Si Consumer Reviews - 107 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Honda Civic Si

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Fantastic Car
By Matt

2007 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I've owned this car since May 2007. Never had one single problem with it. No rattles, squeaks, nothing. The ride is somewhat rough, but that is expected with tight suspension. Makes up for it in handling. Very quick, although most power is at VTEC (6000- 8000 rpm. A blast to drive. Love it!

VTEC engine, interior, quality of build. Stereo is impressive for factory.

Not require premium fuel (although it is to be expected in high performance engines),

Used Honda Si
By jkng

2007 Honda Civic Si Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased this car a few months ago and so far so good. It was one year old and I think I got a great deal on it. Love driving it. Handles great and has power for a 4 cyl. 2.0. Great transmission and although the ride is harsh I guess that is what you sacrifice for the handling and sport. The only negative so far is that, third gear sticks. I don't know if anyone else has that problem.

Looks inside and out. Four door pocket rocket. Handling Power Fuel economy Seats MP3 Hook up Wheels

6 disc in dash cd changer Dual center console compartments HID Lights Auto climate control

Recommend a CPO Si
By New2Hondas

2007 Honda Civic Si Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

When car shopping, I found this vehicle to be the perfect combination of economy, performance, comfort, style, reliability and cost. I narrowed my search to Nissan Maxima and Honda Civic Si. The final battle was won for Honda when I found this car as Certified Pre-Owned with 100k warranty. A great car for a small family. Keeping the RPM between 3-5k makes for a civil driving experience in the city with respectable fuel mileage. Kick'r up to 7 or 8k when you want VTEC to come out and play.

Love the two tier dash and interior styling as a whole. The stereo is quite nice and the sub can actually sustain extremely low tones. The sound of the screaming V-Tech at 6k+ is the sound of harmonious precision. The seats are comfortable and adjustable. Mileage is nice. Fiji blue is gorgeous.

While it is a nice safety feature having the doors lock at ~5 mph, it would be nice to have all of them unlock - not just the driver door. That's all I got so far.

Why this was my last Honda ever
By Kevin

2007 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Even after Honda issued a TSB for the 3rd gear problem, I couldn't get the infamous 3rd gear TSB done,after writing and talking with HCS on the phone, etc., the service center continued to deny any 3rd gear problem, "even an intermittent one." All HCS offered to do was give a loaner car while I kept my SI at the dealer for a few days in the hope that they would admit to the problem. But they just didn't want to fix it. I traded in the car. I'll never buy another Honda again. This was my fifth. It was in the shop constantly, first for the oil leak, which took months of visits and letters/calls to Honda to get fixed. And I got tired of trying to get the 3rd gear issue fixed. Don't buy one.

When everything was working and after the oil leak was fixed, I thought it was a great car for the money. The engine was a real gem. It was very nice looking, too. Loved the interior and the digital red speedo

3rd gear that works all the time, no oil leaks, service centers that want to fix your car instead of telling you the problems are normal or your fault. Honda has really gone downhill.

After one year, this car is fine
By Doug

2007 Honda Civic Si Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

There are many things I love about this car, its engine, 6 speed, wheels and handling. It is also comfortable and quiet on trips. It is very reliable, with no problems over the past year. In fact, it feels like a mini-Acura TL-S Type. My one complaint is the gas mileage. I can only get about 32 at highway speeds and that's if I keep it at 70 and below. Not an easy thing to do in this car because speed comes on quickly and keeps climbing. its easy to do 90 MPH. Love the interior but hate that you can only get black interior. It is very hot in a car with so much glass. It also shows lint like crazy. Radio is good too.

VTEC engine, 6 speed tranny, brakes, seats, steering wheel feel. Engine sound when accelerating is a rush, but VTEC kicks in late, it needs to kick in at 5000.

VTEC needs to kick in at 5000 RPM, add fog lights as standard. How about beige or red seats instead of black? Keyless entry would be nice too.