Used 2007 Honda Civic Coupe Consumer Reviews - 126 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Honda Civic Coupe

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Never buy a Honda again
By Honda Sucks

2007 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased 4000 miles in the shop week 2 left rear bearing went out, wk 3 needed new tires, airbags defaulted, most uncomfortable seat/steering wheel adjustment, battery, poor stereo/cd audio, I purchased the LX for me and ab ex for my daughter. I will take a Nissan any day, the customer service was good, the car disappoints.

gas mileage

redesign the interior for comfort, sound, the inspection for airbags, tires, and overall performance was a lie. Back what you sell

A good buy
By aengberg

2007 Honda Civic Coupe DX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

It is fun to drive, and a great commuter car. It is extremely reliable. I put over 25,000 a year on it, and have had no problems with it. It is not a luxury car, but it is sporty, and performs well. I would recommend this car for a young person looking for a fun and reliable car. Like I said it is not a luxury car, so if you want something smooth, and comfortable you might want to spend a little more and look at an Acura. Dollar for dollar, it is one of the best cars on the market.

The bucket seats.

Better shocks.

Great purpose built car!
By KG

2007 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe w/Navigation System (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I am completely enamored with my Honda. This is coming from a guy who had a jeep cherokee 4x4 as his previous vehicle. This car served me as well in San Diego as it did in the cold weather in Boston. Snow tires and a 5 speed manual made this car a joy to drive in the snow. The car started every morning regardless of how cold it was. Owners who complain about this car didn't understand what they were buying. The car is 20 grand brand new-one shouldn't expect Porsche-like build quality and materials for that price. Another unjustified complaint people have is the 'surprisingly low' mpg. This is what happens when sound deadening, airbags, and computers get added to a car.

good stereo (for the level of car). aux in. styling is top notch. big trunk. revvy motor. quite and comfortable for economy car. Small service bill.

needs more torque. car needs to be designed to be less expensive to repair for accident damage (car was almost totaled from being rear ended).

I love Hondas
By MilesMom

2007 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I love Hondas. This is my fourth one and the CRX I owned had 213,000 miles on it when I upgraded to a new Honda and it was still going strong. I love the design of the 2007 Honda 2 dr coupe. I have had no big problems with it. The rear seat belt ripped and it was replaced at no charge last year. Most recent service was on 4/9/10 at Commonwealth Motors. I would recommend this dealer for service. The express service was done quickly and professionally. The service technician that wrote up the order was friendly and took the time to explain options to me. Waiting area was large and comfortable. Convenient location right off 495.

I love the way the Coupe looks inside and out.

I would like to see better gas mileage. Although this car gets good gas mileage, I was spoiled by my CRX that got 50 mpg.

2007 Honda Civic EX Coupe A/T
By anonymous

2007 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I've had my Civic for over 2 years and I absolutely love it! Of course, like every car, it has its quirks, but all in all it's a great car. 40,000 rolled up last week, and it's still tight as a drum. It does have several rattles, but they have gone away with time. I LOVE that I only have to change the oil about every 6,500 miles rather than 3,000 (the Maintenance Minder system even tells you when it's time to change the oil). I have the coupe, and the trunk is surprisingly roomy. I do about 90% city driving and get about 34-36 MPG. The car also holds up well in accidents; I've been rear ended and clipped in the front, and both times the car had less than $500 worth of damage.

Digital speedometer, steering wheel audio controls (EX/Si only), GREAT gas mileage, great handling/avoidance maneuvering, and a great stereo system (EX coupe comes with an 8" subwoofer in the rear parcel shelf)

Make it quieter (less wind noise/tire roar), improve the optional fog lamps.