Used 2007 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews - 528 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Honda Civic

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Great Car (dependable)
By mmeyering

2007 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Bought this car in an auction never had a honda because of the price to but one, but really glad I bought it. It handles like a sports car. I hear a lot of complaints about power really?? it's a 1.8L but it really go good! The gas milage I can't complain like so of the others I get 38 most all the time. I have had no trouble at all for 2 years now bought it with 95k now have 140K. I have Good Year tires and this thing is like a snowmobile in the snow, never been stuck!

Love the speedometer position no matter were your hand are on the wheel you can read it!! Great gas milage. Great handling in corners no body roll at all. There is a lot of room inside for a small car, I am 6ft and I think it sits good and is very comfortable.

none.

WISH I DIDN'T TOTAL IT
By kaebuena96_

2007 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This car was passed down to me from my dad and my brother. When I got it it already had 150K miles and when I got it was the first time the check engine light has ever came on and the only issue was my coolant level which was an easy fix. Loved this car so much and was so devastated when I totaled it running into a pole. It was totalled because of frame damage. Thankfully I was okay but my car was done for. Great commuter car and would have to fill up every two weeks. GAS IS AMAZING. GREAT FIRST CAR I LOVE IT.

my best yet
By mfriesenborg

2007 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

coming from a 2000 civic ex, i was impressed with the upgrades done in the '07 model. it has been the textbook example of reliability for 120,000 miles. i have had an engine oil leak fixed under warranty, and had to replace the rear control arms (on my own) recently. mileage is always 35-40, and i have gotten up to 42 on long interstate cruises. the interior is harder to keep clean compared to the 2000, mainly due to different texture of the plastic used on door and kick panels. i feel sorry for people who have had worse experiences than i, but the worst part of owning a civic is using the dealership for service.

comfortable driving position (i'm 6'1") good fuel mileage sporty feeling confidence inspiring

buy quality tires, as the oem tires are generally lesser quality. search online for the best type of tire for your requirements. the coupe could use better visibility looking out the rear windows.

Never again, Honda. Never again.
By bdshell

2007 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I will never own another Honda. I own a 2007 with 77k miles. 1 owner, all routine maintenance done. The engine failed. Coolant leaked into the engine, the head is completely warped. This relates to a known issue but the dealership claimed the block wasn't fully cracked so they won't cover a cent of the replacement. Needing a new engine at 77k miles? That is unacceptable. I am completely appalled with the treatment I have received and will never own another Honda.

Horrible blind spots. Engine issue should be a full recall...not some terrible bulletin with many loopholes for Honda to get around.

Significant problems; I'll never buy another Honda
By kaleto

2007 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

There are glaring problems with this car and Hondas in general. In fact, they had to extend the warranty on many parts.
After only a few years, one engine mount broke, the clear coat flaked, and the paint cracked.
The CVT transmission lags, which could cause an accident if you're expecting an immediate response from the gas pedal.
To top it off, they lied about the MPG when I bought it in 2007--originally boasted at 41 highway, at best I get in the low 30s highway.
Bottom line is there are better quality comparable cars, and because of the poor workmanship of this model (and Hondas in general for the past 10 years or so), I'll never buy another Honda.

Although the price was good compared to comparable cars, that doesn't make up for the shoddy workmanship--something I didn't expect from a Honda. The MPG is good, but was nowhere near what they promised in 2007 (41 highway).

One improvement would be to get a better quality paint & clearcoat supplier. Another would be to fire all those responsible for making it necessary to issue all the recalls and extend the warranties. That would have saved Honda lots of money in the long run, instead of alienating its customers by producing poor quality cars.