Used 2007 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews - 528 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Honda Civic

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Underwhelmed
By Tim

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Having driven Honda's most of my life I had pretty high expectations for gas mileage. My 1989 accord would consistently get 32mpg in the city and I once got it up to 40mpg driving cross country. So I figured a Honda hybrid would get even better gas mileage. Talk about disappointing. If I really concentrate on my driving (gentle on the gas, avoid the brakes, etc) I can get the mpg's up to 34 in the city and low 40s on the highway. If my leadfoot wife drives it gets well under 30. After getting over the dissappointing fuel efficiency the car has been decent. It has a surprising amount of pickup and handles well enough to avoid dying in Los Angeles traffic.

Multiple power jacks and an aux input for the ipod is handy. Center console is convenient for stashing stuff.

Work on the fuel efficiency. In stop and go traffic the engine doesn't shut off as often as it should. Also, all electric under certain speeds would greatly improve performance in stop and go.

Awesome
By Blake

2007 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I got a 2007 Honda Civic a few months ago, and I really have liked it so far. It's reliable, performs well, fun to drive, and has good fuel economy.

It performs really well, and I also like the sound system. My favorite feature over all is the digital gauges.

The only problem that I have found with this car is that I have scraped the front end of the car on the ground several times because of the low ground clearance.

Some pluses, some minuses
By perlster

2007 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I think it's the best looking car out there. The ride is smooth and comfortable. It has enough get up and go for my needs. I'm disappointed that I've never gotten anywhere near 40 MPG. The door panels are prone to scratches. The driver's side window failed after about six months. Otherwise, no mechanical problems. Incredibly, the owner's manual has no information on the location of or procedure to change the "air cleaner element" (filter).

Outside styling speedometer location and display size CD playback is good security system (despite a few false alarms) wide range of adjustment of front seats cruise control (although I wish I had more opportunity to use it).

Side mirrors heated and foldable from inside the car, honest MPG listing, bluetooth, remote-operated trunk.

Good Hybrid
By Bob

2007 Honda Civic Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this car since I commute over 50 miles to work. I am not getting the gas mileage advertised, but it is pretty close (44-47 mile range), and I drive fairly fast (70-75 mph). I don't do much city driving but when I do, I get in the 40 mph range. It's still a great deal though and with the mileage I save, the savings are adding up. I am a tiny bit disappointed by the interior room especially in the driver's side. The head room is fine, but my right knee continually rubs against the interior dash by the radio. The seats also don't have the greatest support in the world, so one is pretty cramped after a long trip. Cockpit dash design is pretty cool expecially a night! Radio is great.

Dash design. Radio and speakers. Gas mileage!!

See if the car can be built with a little more interior comfort. I think this is very important for people over 6 feet tall.

Not as good as a Corolla
By Bazza

2007 Honda Civic GX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car to replace my previous European built Corolla sedan, which had given me 5 years trouble free comfortable ownership. The Honda Civic must be the most uncomfortable car I have ever bought, or driven. It's too low, has extremely hard unforgiving seats, the stupid handbrake which digs into my leg and makes any journey over half an hour very painfull (literally). The "A" pillar is too thick, and interferes with a clear view of pedestrians trying to cross the road in front of me at junctions. The front passenger footwell is too short, forcing the passenger has to push the seat right back to get comfortable, consequently there is no room for anybody to sit behind!

I like the eye-level speedometer, it helps me avoid getting speeding tickets but even this sometimes causes arguments with my wife who can see the speedometer clearly when I am driving.

Make the boot (trunk) larger, design more comfortable seats (taking lessons from the French manufacturers), fit the car with decent tires as original equipment. Make the car taller so it is easy to get in and out. Change the acute angle of the "A" pillar which is really dangerous.