Used 2007 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews - 526 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Honda Civic

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Problems on ice
By Travis H. John

2007 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I definitely am satisfied with the performence of my Civic on wet, dry, and mountain roads. I was very disturbed by the lack of control I had of the vehicle on ice and snow. With front wheel drive, I expected better than what I got but at 10-15 mph the car would not run straight while other vehicles were passing me at twice my speed. I will not be taking this vehicle into snow country again. Road noise is a bit excessive and the transmission is suprisingly rough. Fuel economy is excellent. Handling on dry and even wet roads is exceptional, but it cannot hold its own on ice.

Digital speedometer, fuel economy, handling, cabin space.

Bring back the independent rear suspension to improve traction on all four wheels. Defroster needs to be revamped.

I love this car
By lilodian

2007 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe w/Navigation System (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This car has a little bit of everything - looks, style, sportiness, power, comfort, electronic goodies, reliability and fuel economy all for about $20k. Looks very sporty. Initial pickup is a bit sluggish, but beyond about 3000-3500 rpm, it will surprise you with its power punch (torque). More than adequate power for most driving situations. Very nice and user-friendly nav system, more than decent audio system. I was quite a bit disappointed with the mileage (actual: ~26-27 mpg with 50/50 city/hwy) as opposed to the stated 29/35, but it could be because i like to step on the gas pedal a lot. Overall, still very good value. This car was made for teenagers/young adults. Go test drive it !

Nav system, audio system, steering wheel controls, 2-tier instrument cluster (looks great at night), XM satellite radio, pretty quiet engine, good comfort for an economy car

Parking brake should not be below the driver's right knee, also please take more accurate measurements of the gas mileage, Honda !

Well done
By Just Ed

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

After the first 1,000 miles I remain pleased with our purchase. The key to contentment may be realizing that "performance" can encompass more than just 0-60 times, 1/4 mile, top speed, etc.. Performance can also encompass things like mpg, and in my world where commutes rarely allow anyone to enjoy the typical performance characteristics, I have realized that mpg is one of the few characteristics remaining for me to enjoy on a daily basis and I am glad to have found a practical car that allows me to routinely enjoy it while providing very good qualities in addition to being a hybrid. In spirited and often stop-and-go traffic in my 90 mile daily commute I have averaged 39 mpg.

MPG. Styling. Being a hybrid version of a very capable model line up, rather than a purpose built, hybrid-only vehicle. Not standing out as a hybrid on the road. I prefer to be less conspicuous.

Provide a battery with enough power to move the car from rest without engaging the engine for stop and go traffic/low speeds. Make it a plug-in so I can leave with a full charge in the morning. Provide XM instead of "XM ready" in the hybrid no-nav trim. Improve the stereo wattage/speakers.

Underwhelmed
By Tim

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Having driven Honda's most of my life I had pretty high expectations for gas mileage. My 1989 accord would consistently get 32mpg in the city and I once got it up to 40mpg driving cross country. So I figured a Honda hybrid would get even better gas mileage. Talk about disappointing. If I really concentrate on my driving (gentle on the gas, avoid the brakes, etc) I can get the mpg's up to 34 in the city and low 40s on the highway. If my leadfoot wife drives it gets well under 30. After getting over the dissappointing fuel efficiency the car has been decent. It has a surprising amount of pickup and handles well enough to avoid dying in Los Angeles traffic.

Multiple power jacks and an aux input for the ipod is handy. Center console is convenient for stashing stuff.

Work on the fuel efficiency. In stop and go traffic the engine doesn't shut off as often as it should. Also, all electric under certain speeds would greatly improve performance in stop and go.

Awesome
By Blake

2007 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I got a 2007 Honda Civic a few months ago, and I really have liked it so far. It's reliable, performs well, fun to drive, and has good fuel economy.

It performs really well, and I also like the sound system. My favorite feature over all is the digital gauges.

The only problem that I have found with this car is that I have scraped the front end of the car on the ground several times because of the low ground clearance.