Used 2007 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews - 201 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Honda Civic Sedan

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Good car but other than few recall issues
By jay4414

2007 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought it new from the dealer and there is a water boiling sound from the engine and dealer wont do shit even though there is recall on same issue with other year.
Gas mileage and the seating comfort is very poor.
Trans shutters in from 1st to 2nd if you press the pedel slow.
Overall I like it but I do not buy another Honda due to their dont care customer service attitude.

Honda must accept their fault and recall fix the issues such as Trans, Water pump, Tire wearing etc

168,000 km (104,000 miles)
By vtwins

2007 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Had the car almost 5 years. Most recent mileage of 60/40 hwy city with a heavy foot netted the equivalent of 30 mpg or 7.72 L/100km. Not bad.

Yes, there were two recalls during my warranty period and one warranty work. No big deal. I just brought it in during my oil changes at the beginning. Now I do all the fluid changes myself.

Worries. One touch up stops about an inch from the top and comes back down. That was the warranty work. Just after the warranty it stopped again so I just hold the up button.

Other concern is the transmission. At 25km accelerating slowly, there is a shutter. If I accelerate quickly, there is no shutter. Yes, I've been changing the transmission fluid. We'll see.

Car rev's easily and smoothly. The hallmark of a Honda engine! More stable on the highway than the previous generation. Able to change the speedometer between to kilometers to miles when crossing the border. 2 power outlets. I bought the automatic without driving the manual on purpose, thinking we already have a manual in our household.

Could be more quiet on the highway. Not really an improvement but after driving the sister-in-law's for a day, I wished I bought the manual.

suspension
By ulmboy

2007 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

After 15,000 miles my tires had warn down unevenly. I took into Tracy Dealership to point out hearing noise in back wheel. Told nothing wrong. At 18,000 miles noise worse so took to Stockton Honda and was told back right wheel bearing out. They replaced wrong side. Had to buy new tires. Took back to Tracy Honda and they replaced other back wheel bearing. Car still did not drive smooth. A lot of road noise. Traded in at Tracy Honda and would not give me blue book because wheel bearing problems. Even though I had a warranty for 100,000 miles they would not reimburse for having to buy new tires and did not give me a good trade in value. Will not buy a Honda again. Traded in for a Toyota Van.

Navigation System, Stereo, seats, gas miledge.

Better suspension system. Road noise drove me crazy. Better repair service.

Love my Honda, but...
By bj789

2007 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

For an economy car, it's pretty nice.
My last two cars were German and their reliability issues drove me to Japanese dependability, but man were Germans a blast to drive.
And while I'm still happy with the Honda, there are some issues I'm now suffering.
Mainly performance issues.
Otherwise, it's functional, reliable, efficient and gets me from A to B with little worry.
Most of my driving is in the city, and it zips around in traffic fairly well.
I would not recommend as a highway commuter.

Nav is nice. Like the MP3 CD reader and 1/8" audio port. COLD A/C, 60/40 fold down rear seat lets me pop my bike in the back (when I get the angle just right).

Engine torque curve, sound insulation and handling. To accelerate quickly or pass on the highway the engine must be revved well over 4,500 RPMs resulting in an awkward jump and a screaming engine bay. At highway speeds textured pavement rumbles through the floor and can become an annoyance. Otherwise on smooth pavement it's pretty quiet. I took the car on a 2 hour country drive last weekend through hills and bends and I missed the German handling. The Civic shimmied and felt much less stable / capable in turns and ascending hills was downright slow, again unless the engine was screaming at 5k RPMs.

Honda Civic Ex Navi @100k miles....
By bschaffer

2007 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This is my daily driver, mostly highway (70%) driven.
Avg. 36-39mpg in Summer, Winter mileage suffers due to fuel additives in my cold climate (32-35mpg, still great!).
Best recorded mileage 42mpg average with a tail wind driving across Iowa at 75-80 mph.
I'm happy with my car overall but if I didn't have such a comute I would drive something more sporty and/or luxury minded.
My biggest complete is road noise followed by ride quality, although it's probably better than most "compacts".
My co-workers Mazda3 is not nearly as refined!
Rear tires tend to wear on the inside due to fixed camber.
The Navi is great although the joystick up and left movement quite on me a few months back.

Mileage, Navi, Looks, Brakes well (changed at 75k/front, 100k/rear)

Mute button! More insulation for road noise. Better seats for long hauls. Speakers are terrible..