Used 2007 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews - 528 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Honda Civic

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Avoid 2007
By BV

2007 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Tire wear is terrible because of a defective Rear Upper Control Arm. Honda did not do a recall but there was a class action suit forcing Honda to replace the defective parts and reimburse customers for premature tire wear. Unfortunately for me, I did not find out until after the expiration of the settlement which was January 16, 2014. That is after I spent more than $2,000 for new tires, struts, shocks, alignments, etc., trying to fix the problem. 2006 through 2009 models have extended warranties related to another serious issue where coolant leaks and can cause engine block damage and complete engine failure. The seats are wearing out much faster than any car I have ever owned and I am average size and the car only has 80,000 miles on it.

Great, dependable car
By Brandon

2007 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased my 2007 Civic with 80k miles in 2012. I just traded it in with 126k miles, for a brand new Civic. I bought a new one because I didn't want to take a chance at having any mechanical issues down the road. However, while owning my '07 Civic I never had any unusual or unexpected repairs, besides my starter going out at 110k. It was a great car, no complaints.

Do not buy a Civic / Major quality problems
By Doug Hilbert

2007 Honda Civic Si 4dr Sedan w/Navi (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Bought new, maintained 100% on time at a Honda dealership. MAJOR transmission problems, major paint problems, total engine failure without warning at 131,000 miles. DO NOT buy this car, at any price.

Do not buy this car
By Maggie

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan w/Navi (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is not a hybrid, do not pay the extra money! I previously owned a 2002 Prius but when it was up for renewal and had over 120k miles I thought it was a good time to trade it in. Thinking that Honda was a solid company I felt confident about buying the 2007 Civic Hybrid. It was the worst decision! Advertised mpg of 40+ I only get <27mpg - I could have spent thousands less for a regular Sudan with better gas mileage. The acceleration is also DANGEROUS with the IMA motor sometimes it will accelerate and then others it will barely move almost causing multiple accidents. Do not waste your money!!!

Best car for gas saving
By Mark

2007 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe w/Navi (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Have had my car for a short time love the gas saving have been getting 44.5 miles per gallon, drives great enjoy driving my Honda Civic hybrid. Not as smooth of ride as some cars but every thing else about the car is great I don't think you can beat a Honda holds its value and will run for ever.