Used 2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Consumer Reviews - 90 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

140,000 and still going strong
By nolander01

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I use my 07 civic hybrid as a communter car to and from work. I average 35,000 miles per year and have had no problems. I do all the required maintanance ( most of it myself) and expect plenty of more miles to come. Intertior had held up strong with no issues whatsoever. All electronics work perfectly with no sign of impending failure. As for the IMA battery...I can tell it is going to go fairly soon. However, I do not plan on fixing it due to the nature of my driving. It will operate without an IMA battery, Just dont expect to get the accel youre used to. Overall, wish I would have purchased the non-hybrid version. But, I'll drive this one into the ground. Hoping that'll be a long time.

Everything but the IMA. Keep in mind, it's still a Honda.

Replace the batteries when they fail. It wont bankrupt your company, and it will regain the confidence in your customers.

Do not buy this car!
By fhiebel

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Unfortunately at this point I would say do not buy a Honda car.
I have been a loyal Honda owner for over 20 years but Honda has dug their own grave with this car and battery issue and their lack of customer support!

Just go out and read all the issues that people have had with the IMA recall and battery issues for this car.

Very unhappy customer.

Honda should stick to honoring their warranties and not ruin their good name like this.

Good mpg and very reliable
By Anonymous

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan w/Navi (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Bought the car new in 2007. Never gave us a single problem in the past 3 years. Averaged MPG at 43. In pure highway, can get to 50+. Battery is reprogrammed a few months ago. It feels ok with reduced capacity and power. Some mentioned battery problems in hot places though.

Good mpg and spacious interior

Folding rear seat and larger battery.

BAD mpg
By Alex

I bought a civic hybrid for the mpg. on the sticker it displayed mpg of 51/49. i thought that would be great. unfortunately i got around 28 hwy. so i traded in for a regular civic

navi

mpg and no power.

Honda deception
By Joann

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We recently had the new software update that we got as a result of a recall. Now we have lost power and fuel economy. We recently read a number of articles that claim that Honda knows they have a problem with their batteries so made this update so that the car relies on the gas portion and not the Hybrid part. Sometimes we can't get up our own driveway. We called Honda and they said too bad even though our car was under warranty. We are very disappointed in Honda because they are only thinking about their bottom line (they don't want to buy new batteries) and not customer satisfaction or safety.