Used 2007 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews - 528 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Honda Civic

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Less than I hoped
By jason

2007 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Sheet metal is very thin, going through a carwash sounds like the roof is going to blow off. Paint quality is low, scratches / chips easily. After 32K miles I am getting rust on the the front of the hood. Wet and dry traction is good, but winter driving is poor, car does not hold the road well at highway speeds, even with additional weight. Weatherstrip on rear doors has fallen off a couple times. Glad to have only leased the vehicle and not purchased it. Gas mileage was listed at 28/40 , but average is about 30, with 70% highway miles. Highway mileage is mid 30's when driving with traffic.

Love the interior and the dash/instrument cluster. Big wow factor here, and wish I could get this design in more vehicles. Floor console is also very useful and full of features. Car is very fun to drive in all weather except winter.

Better quality paint and rustproofing.

I love my Honda
By Ness

2007 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I love my Honda! Its great for going on little adventures to far towns... The gas mileage is awesome...My 4 cly gets up and goes good and I LOVE MY NAVIGATION! I use it all the time! Its got me out of being lost many times LOL! Its a great car for people in the 18-30 range and not past 6 foot... The windshield is huge and its very aero dynamic which I seriously think it helps with better gas mileage but im not sure. I did have the defective sun visors and it stinks! Especially in sunny Arizona.

Navigation, sound system and oh and don't let me forget one reason why i picked my car out... The SUNROOF! It also gives you a percentage of your oil level...

Sun Visors, Put another pocket on the back of the drivers seat because there is only one on the passenger seat.

Good small car
By kathy

2007 Honda Civic Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have owned this Civic for 2 years. I love the handling of this car. It hugs the road, the dash , but the seats are very uncomfortable. The complaint I have heard of others about Hondas is comfort only. It is reliable, is great on road & gas mileage, but if you like comfort the seats won't do it for you. Too bad Honda can't figure out how the torso would be more comfy in their seats- the only drawback.

digital odometer display above the steering wheel

Make seats more comfortable. The only reason I wouldn't buy another Honda is comfort isn't there.

Great mileage
By keith

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Traded Kia Sorrento during gas crunch... should have kept trade-in despite bad mileage. Honda is quite noisy all around & not at all comfortable on long drives. Getting in & out of car is a chore for taller(& older) people. Fuel economy(40-45 mpg) & acceleration are excellent. Switching back to SUV. I'd rather be comfortable & pay more for fuel. Civic hybrid makes a good commuter car.

MPG, acceleration, quick steering response, visibility, decent sized trunk. Handles quite well in snow even without studs or chains.

Rear seating, radio & road noise. Possibly the radio sounds better without the road noise. Raise the vehicle 6 inches, make it AWD & maintain 40 MPG.

2 Year Ownership
By mb0130

2007 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this vehicle because I needed one - before kids. It's better if you don't have kids. All I can fit in the trunk is a stroller and a portable crib and not much else. The ride was ok at first, but it has gotten worse. Recently, the bars on the gas gauge go up and down. I have had to replace the sun visors because the heat split the plastic and wouldn't allow them to close. The radio a couple of times has gone out for a minute and then will come back on and once the car wouldn't turn over and nothing was wrong with it. The up and down shift is also not the greatest in the automatic. Sometimes I have to press the gas pedal all the way down to get up speed to get on the highway.

I do love the look of the car on the outside and the inside. I love the digital speedometer and it's placement. The buttons on the dash are nice and it does have a lot of different little storage areas for things.