Used 2007 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews - 200 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Honda Civic Sedan

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Good Car with a Few Flaws
By Bill

2007 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I've had this car for thirteen months and drive mostly on the Interstate. The car has been very reliable, has more than adequate power and is generally a fun car to drive. It maneuvers easy into tight parking spaces and the fuel mileage averages about 34 MPG regardless of how I drive. The only complaint I have about Honda and these Civics are the lousy tires that put on the car. The factory Bridgestone tires are poor quality tires and despite regular balancing and rotating, these tires didn't make it 20,000 miles. Also, the XM "Ready" status of the car is useless, you still have to buy an expensive kit if you want to have XM radio in your car.

Body Style, Handling, Digital Speedometer.

Tires. Make the interior dash light dim at night automatically and brighten in the daylight. It's a pain to keep adjusting it back and forth.

Best mileage, fun car!
By nsteevo

2007 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I love this little car! It has as much room as my 96 Camry did. I can fit my 10 speed bike in the back with the seat down. It was a good buy pricewise too. I am planning to put 300,000 plus miles on it.

Style: this car turns heads! Also, the gas mileage. I drive from WI to FL and back often and I got 42 MPG with a trunk full and the air on at 75 - 80 MPH. The handling is superb!

I had a Camry and miss the "auto-off" headlight feature that Toyota has.

My 2007 Civic
By Lucidxile

2007 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

While the car is a little weaker in power than what I would like, the gas savings are enough to make it up. I drive mostly city and average about 30 MPG. The car has been a pleasure to own and given me no problems.

Good gas mileage and reliable.

Auto headlights, Tire Pressure Monitor and a system to average the MPG's.

Functionality At Its Best!
By Sam

2007 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I received a job that required me to drive 80 miles a day. My wife and I decided to trade in my 2006 Audi A3 (fast car) to purchase a car with better gas mileage due to the increase in travel distance. Initially, I test drove the Civic EX in A/T and felt it was slightly unresponsive. I later test drove the car in manual and what a difference! You are able to squeeze every ounce of power out of this 1.8 Liter engine. I loved the sound of the engine when I revved to the upper RPM ranges. I have to say, for an economy car with great gas mileage, this is pretty peppy and I'm a horsepower nut. The handling is quite good as well. The car's design lends itself to a low center of gravity.

Interior gauge cluster and slick 5- speed manual.

Slightly more power(maybe 20 horses would do), better stereo (very week, the Si radio for EX models) and projector headlights like in the Mazda 3.

Tires and lugnuts
By TKLK65@aol.com

2007 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Great car. 32 mpg combined, 36 mpg highway. Only problem is tires lose air pressure fast-within a week two tires below 15 psi. I have to inflate all four to 32 psi every week. Also, only 9k on car and all lug nuts are rusting and staining the aluminum rims. Will be going to dealer on tires and lug nuts when I can.

gas mileage

more room inside - especially back seat leg room.