Used 2007 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews - 200 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Honda Civic Sedan

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Nice Little Car w/ Bad Tires
By Bill

2007 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I've owned this car for more than a year now. I drive a lot of highway and city mix miles and this car has performed excellent in both city and highway with one exception. The factory Bridgestone tires are absolute pieces of junk and wore out at 17,000 miles. Honda seems to have realized this as the latest Civics I've seen have Goodyear tires on them. Other than the tires, the car accelerates nicely and is fairly comfortable for two average sized people. The fuel mileage ranges in the 33-34 MPG area no matter how I drive, and I don't drive conservatively. The stereo is excellent as long as you don't want to install XM Radio. That will cost you $500 if you can find someone to do it.

Exterior design is nice, the all digital gauges are a little odd at first but you quickly grow to love them. The steering is very responsive.

Horrible factory tires on this car. I would also make the passenger seats a little higher- they are hard for a 5 foot eight person to sit in for long drives.

Civics are bullet proof!
By the DOG

2007 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Without a doubt this is the best car I've ever owned. I am 6'2" and have plenty of room, even when I'm in the back seat. I got 'no haggle' internet invoice pricing with low 4.9% APR financing. There is a TSB on 07 Civic's because of a rear control arm assembly which causes vibrations over 45 MPH. I took it to the dealer - they fixed it promptly at no charge to me & put on a set of new Goodyear tires! Most of my driving is highway driving and I average 33-37 MPG.

Blue dash lights. Solid ride. High MPG!

Drink holders for back seat passengers?

MPG not as good as they say!!!
By Bill

2007 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I leased my 2007 Honda Civic almost one year ago and I am very disappointed with the MPG on this car. I am averaging about 20 and that to me is ridiculous. I bought this car because of the great fuel efficiency it was supposed to have and it has not met my expectations. I was told that it would average around 28 city and highway combined. I have not seen 24 or higher yet. Of course they told me that the engine needs to be worked in and then I will get better gas mileage but after 6000 miles I have seen anything yet. I also saw someone else on a discussion board say they recommend 10-15k before you see better gas mileage. My lease will be up before then. I am very disappointed in Honda.

Everything but the gas mileage.

Fix the MPG problem!!

One year old and 12,000 miles
By Rob

2007 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Overall a fine car for city and highway driving. It's all Honda, handling and acceleration remind me of previous Honda's I've owned. Dealer service is OK - they didn't correctly diagnose a power steering noises the first time. A week later, another service writer, and description "morning sickness" got the problem fixed. A seal wasn't correctly seated which starved the pump of power steering fluid. New pump installed, two-day stay at dealer and it's running great. MPG has increased to 37 from 34 before the repairs.

Two-tier gauges, zip-around-town acceleration, tight suspension, GR8 brake. Everything was designed into the car, not an after thought.

Bridgestone Turunza tires are noisy and lousy in snow, A/C compressor cut-out around town - so I close the sunroof shade to reduce interior heat while driving. Kinda defeats the purpose of having a sunroof.

My Honda
By Marie

2007 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Fun car to drive. Best pickup I've had on a "normal" vehicle of any kind. GREAT on gas mileage and reliability. Only problem I have with this car is the driver seat is very uncomfortable. I am of average height and weight but the seat is terrible. Great interior design and roomy for a fairly small car. Would buy again except for the seats. If they don't improve on them, I would buy something else.

Dashboard, pickup, gas mileage, roominess

Very uncomfortable seats