Used 2007 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews - 200 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Honda Civic Sedan

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Design
By Daveg

2007 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

While aerodynamic and, therefore, economical, I'm not sure the design team tried to parallel park this car or do any mundane tasks. It is impossible to "see"any corners when parking. Today I tried to replace my NYS registration sticker in the lower left corner of the front window. I am going to have to make a trip to the dealer's to get the old sticker glue off as I cannot get my hand/fingers in to razor off the old glue.Guess I should add the extra trip to my gas mileage rating! Perhaps Consumer Reports should hire non-car people to review cars. This is my 3rd Honda Civic and MY LAST. Wish I could get a call from the design team or Consumer Reports. I fill them in on practical concerns.

reliability

design, design, design

No relief from the heat
By D. Hutchinson

2007 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Since purchasing the Civic, we've experienced our share of problems. First, bolts were missing from the lower air dam underneath the front bumper. Weather stripping coming off the rear passenger side window and the air conditioning falls short. At a dead stop in traffic the a/c shuts down and starts blowing hot air. During accelerations it also shuts down and blows hot air. Very uncomfortable to say the least. We had to tint the windows just to stay cool. Honda says it a new design to regulate the power on the engine. If we would have known, we never would have bought it. Funny, my 06' Acura TL (Honda product) never did that.

Improve the A/C unit. Please.

Great Look, Ride and MPG's
By sgas24

2007 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I am 41 yrs old and purchased my Civic 1 year ago yesterday and it is the best car I've owned. I drive 75 to 80 highway miles to work each day and truly enjoy the ride and definitely the fuel economy. I travel above the speed limit and still average above 32 mpg and when I decide to take it easy, it averages around 36-38 mpg. The Bridgestone tires are not as bad as some may believe, I have 26K on the factory set and have rotated at every oil change (every 8,200k) and they still look to have at least 50% tread remaining. The 1.8 L engine provides great economy, a quiet ride and will surprise you on the open road as to how fast you approach that third digit on the speedometer.

I love the dash and the way that the interior is designed especially the radio and cruise controls on the steering wheel.

Power driver seat would be nice also a 6 disc in dash CD changer like the SI model instead of the single disc and a better radio in general. I sometimes listen to sports radio on the AM frequency and the antenna reception is terrible, only about 20 away and I lose the signal immediately.

07 Civic Ex
By Lovin it

2007 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I have owned my used 07 civic with 5800 miles on it for over a year. Apparently the previous owner traded it for a CR-V. Right now it has over 20K miles and I have no complains. It looks good, GREAT performance and GREAT reliability. I live just outside of Chicago so in winter it gives me about 29 mpg on average and the summer is around 32 mpg both mixed driving. EXTREMELY happy.

Like everything about it.

I wish a six CD changer was an option.

Bad Civic 2007
By badcivic2007

2007 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I have a 07 Honda Civ & I have had several problems.I had to have my front brake pads/rotors replaced after just over a & 10Kmi. I received a recall for the steering column & ABS Wheel Sensor. My calipers stick & Honda told me that it was not under warranty. This is a major car part that PREMATURELY wears down the brake pads. My VERY trusted mechanic informed me that he noticed a lot of problems with Hondas braking system. I will NEVER buy another one. I got all of the factory scheduled maintenance including regular oils changes. I only drive this car to school & work,9K mi/yr, & in CA so the weather has never been a factor. My car may be 1 of a few lemons, but it is DEFIANTLY a LEMON!!!!

Navigation

Braking system paint for interior (wares thins awfully quick)