Used 2006 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews - 894 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda Civic

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Best Fun Available
By Walt Ney

2006 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Went to try out a new Civic coupe, but also drove the Si. Couldn't leave dealership without it. It's black and has all ground effects spoilers, hence draws lots of attention and comments. I'm 6'1" 240# and it fits better than any car I've had before. I've taken 3 passengers in it on over-night trips and no complaints yet. It begs to be driven hard and fast. I'm constantly trying to find new 2 lane roads to explore. I've more confidence in it's handling than in any other car I've tried. I really like it's styling, inside & out. It's now my favorite toy and I spend a lot of time in it. The best money I ever spent. I'd really like to have another one set up just for racing.

Engine, 6 speed tranny, interior roominess, fine sound system, Honda dependabillity, great price.

Available factory turbo-charger.

Its Great
By Glen

2006 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

ok, a little hard to find in stock, hard to make a deal, but this car is great. Nice to purchase a product worth the $$ it costs. Only had a week, but like the vehicle better than anticipated. Build quality great like most Hondas, but the design in & out is super! Nice that a close to entry leval car has such style. Purchased car to have something other than the gas hog we must have to tow our trailer.

Dash is cool without being busy or ridiculous looking, dash is also very functional & works well. Handling (cornerning) is excellent compared to prior Civics.

Possibly better seats. Cars seems so sporty that an automatic stick or sport auto feature would be nice.

Exceeds Expectations
By Ron

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have only had this car for a week and have less than 200 miles on the odometer. Currently the car is delivering 43 mpg, slightly better than I expected for a vehicle that is not broken in. The construction appears to be very solid and this is the quietest car that I have ever owned and I've owned a lot of cars from the top of the line to junkers. The car hanles very well although the suspension is a little stiff for a non-performance auto. I am 6'2" tall and have more than enough room to be comfortable. The auto engine shutdown takes a little getting used to but overall it's unobtrusive. So far, I am very pleased with this purchase.

Exceptionally good gas mileage. Solid construction.

A method to shut down the auto engine stop function in creeping stop and go traffic.

honda coupe 2006
By Jennie

2006 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The dash has the best miles per hour and lighted dash I have ever seen in a car. The speed you are going is displayed where you hardly have to move your head down to see it. I looked at a lot of cars, it is by far the best for the money.

dash set up and exterior styling

at dusk the instrument panel is hard to see.

Love at first gear
By Kathy

2006 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Honda has come out with a truly outstanding vehice. Changing this year from the boxy hatch back that is so mimiked by everyone else, to a truly phenominal vehicle. Spacious passenger space and plenty of cargo space, all packed in a fast and efficient piece of machinery. The new innovation of the displays, speedo above, others below is a crowning touch to a true masterpiece. The energy is best described when I tell people that I am in third gear doing 50 and then shift to 4th. The vehicle understands when you are in gear to travel, and switches to being in gear to perform, on demand. Good job HONDA Motors. And thank you, Kathy

Favorites would have to be the duo dash displays and the gas efficiency.

Hardly ANY complaints. Back seat is hard to load cargo, but I realize that is characteristic of a two door.