Used 2006 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews - 894 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda Civic

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Great, but could be better...
By JakeND

2006 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Fun to drive manual - after break-in of touchy clutch. Cool looking, and very spacious interior. Very well-designed seats. Just took multi-state trip & can say this is the most comfortable seat I've sat in for a bad back... very firm and well-bolstered. Attractive interior. Stereo initially sounded horrible, but got better after a few hours break-in... still nothing to write home about. A let-down in gas mileage, esp if you take it over 65 or so - but my last car was a VW TDI, so I'm spoiled. (I average low 30s in mixed, very conservative driving).

Nimble steering, smoothest 4-cyl I've driven, beautiful and spacious interior, great seats for my back, looks and drives smart on the road, great resale value, low TCTO (total cost to own).

Honda must have put NO sound insulation in this car. I can hear water in the wheel wells when I drive through a puddle, and the firewall lets in a ton of engine noise. Also, I think the EMC could be reset to improve gas mileage - there's plenty of pep in this car. Replace handbrake with a button.

the honda civic si rocks!
By demichef81

2006 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased the new 2006 Honda Civic Si and it is one of the best decisions that I've ever made. It is way more car than the price suggests, and it is so fun to drive. 200 horsepower out of a 2 liter four cylinder car is just a showcase of Honda technology. This car is fast and the handling is unbelievable. The styling is brilliant and the fit and finish are top grade. I would highly recommend purchasing this car if you can find one.

The handling is this cars best attribute. The 2006 Honda Civic Si handles like cars that cost twice as much and the styling is futuristic and creative.

I can not think of anything that I would change about this car. Maybe if they made a turbo for it.

A Sporty Sedan
By KeysCop

2006 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Sporty sedan, great performance, even better gas milage. Headrests are tilted too far forward so that you have to recline the front seat so your head is not resting on the headrest.

sporty look and performance

headrests that adjust back and forward as well as up and down.

Nice car.
By Victor

2006 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Haven't driven very many miles yet, so this review is preliminary. The engine and transmission are performing quite well. Decent mileage and plenty of power for me. The civic is a rather noisy and hard riding car. Although the stiffness is great if you like to take corners at high speed and dart around in traffic, lowering the spring rates would do a lot to soften the ride for people who want a comfortable ride. The seats are pretty stiff, but I'll wait until I take a long trip before I pass judgement.The interior has lots of room and I like the speedo and the armrest with cupholders in the back. The interior materials seem like they are high quality.

The speedo, gas mileage, roominess.

Soften the ride. It corners great with the stiff suspension, but my 92 Ford F150 pickup has a much more comfortable and quiet ride. Isolate that road noise. The head rest is quite uncomfortable for me: keeps my head too far forward. Definitely needs scuff plates for the doors.

Honda Civic
By Tom

2006 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have the vehicle for a week now and I am having a lot of fun with it. I got 31 mpg so far with city driving with the a/c on. Fit and finish is good but no better than any other car out there. I dont feel that the fit and finish is up to Honda standards. I got the EX coupe with dealer installed mud flaps, all season rubber mats and trunk mat and interior lighting package which has a bunch of blue LED lights under the dash. It is quite a light show at night.

The dash display and the 350 watt sound system are my favorites. I also like the steering wheel design

Bring fit and finish level back up. I may be picky but I expected better from honda.