Used 2006 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews - 895 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda Civic

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Very nice car
By ww874

2006 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Overall I'm very happy with my honda. I still kept my pickup but I'm enjoying the monthly $150 I'm getting in fuel savings.

Nothing in particular just overall quality feel to everything. The radio aux input works great with my xm roady radio. Don't bother with hondas xm ready radio its way too expensive to install.

My only complaint is the position of the emergency brake lever. I'm 5 11 and it sometimes bothers my right knee when driving.

Hybrid Drivers make it last!
By Easy

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan w/Navi (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have thought of making bumper stickers for my Civic but I love it some much I don't want to mar its appearance. I guess I'll have too once I get my HOV sticker. I haven't gotten my registration yet so it will be awhile. Anyway - on with my review. My wife owns a Prius which I have driven so I can nake first hand comparison. Prius hybrid system is slightly better since it can move the car from a stop without the ICE, perfect for traffic jams or congested freeways.The Prius averages 45 MPG so far.The Civic beats the Prius in all other categories. The Prius interior looks cheap by comparison. If you are after the highest MPG car get the Prius, but if you want a fun to drive car get the Civic

Dash Layout. Mine has the Navi so the PC audio card slot is great, saves me some money buying CDs. Plus it has several sort options, Artist, Album, Folder and even a song search function. The 1.5K extra is worth it.Voice activated Navi is awesome too. Two tone interior looks graet compared to Prius.

I am on my second tank of gas and I average just over 36 MPG or 35 MPG for the 650 miles I have driven. I have yet to see the 50MPG that Honda says it is capable of. I have adjusted my driving habits so this may come later.

Great Car
By jbz

2006 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe w/Navigation System (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I had done a ton of research before buying my 2006 civic, and I am so glad I purchased this car. I actually had to fly 850 miles to get it! I live in AZ and these cars are hard to find. I love the Nav system. This is the best nav system I have ever used. Do yourself a favor and spend the extra bucks for the Nav. I am 6'4" and I have plenty of room in this car. I love the bi-level display. The engineers at Honda are genius! Also, for those who like to detail their cars, this is one of the easiest cars I have ever hand waxed and polished due to the smooth design.

Navigation System, voice controls, PC Card reader-this is great! I have a 2GB flash card that I play music off of. I love it! The styling is great! I receive compliments all the time.

The driver seat should have a lumbar adjustment. No room in the rear seat unless you are under 4 feet tall. But its a coupe, so I expect that. Hope Honda increases the production, this is one highly demanded car, and I see why.

The Pros and Cons
By Faisal Ansari

2006 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Currently at 2500 miles, the mileage only keeps improving. The car rides beautifully, and I absolutely love it. The car is a 10/10, except for a few things that I would advise new buyers to be aware of after they purchase it. I am 6'2 and I have to bend my knees to sit. This is the standard posture for driving, but my leg hits the tip of the hand brake, and it is rather painful. The paint over the handbrake tip is starting to wear off too. Also, The blind spot is impossible to check. I am a very very safe driver, but yesterday i almost ran over a VW bug! The 12" wide rear bars block the Blind spot. Turning your head over your shoulder is NOT enough.

Speedometer. Steering wheel and its controls. Impressive Premium sound. Comfy seats. Steady car on the highway, even at 98mph. Great mileage. The handling is unbelievable responsive (maybe I just feel that because I moved from an SUV to a sedan). The inner cabin courtesy light is great for ambience.

Placement of Hand brake is rather uncomfortable. Blind spot is practically impossible to check even when we turn our heads over our shoulders. You have to lean way forward from those comfy seats and check. that takes off my sight from the main road for quite a while, and is dangerous.

Mid-life crisis car gone hybrid
By Paul F. Lintelman Jr

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Solitude npr on the radio on the back roads for the morning commute. Its jazz, cruise control and meditation for the freeway. As for the orange barrels and the Emerald green berm it has to a chieftans cd to calm the sea of glistening red tail lights ahead. Then at the end of my day I start my commute home only this time wide awake it be comes a game watching all the gauges maximize speeds, timing lights, taming curves, using hills, and choosing alternatives. No crissis here just a middlelaged man driven to hybrid instead of hemi in the slow lane.

The Gauges. The stop engine feature when the brake pedal is depressed. The driving position with seat adjustments and the height of the left arm rest. The quality of the materials used on the interior.

More cargo space, why not fold down split rear seats. Make a manual available. Improve the look of the rear end of the car to look a little more like the 2 door civic & 16" wheels. The visor mirrors should have illumination.