Used 2006 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews - 894 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda Civic

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Best in its class???
By Lu

2006 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Honda did a very good job with this new Civic, but their marketing department really went into overdrive. I like a lot of things about the design, and the road noise isn't that bad. Some things however don't add up right. First of all the mileage is way below what they claim. I'm getting 29mpg doing 75% highway 25% city driving. That's without the AC and driving conservatively. The extremely slanted windshield makes for poor visibility on left turns (due to the post).

Honda reliability. I've only had this car for 3,000 mi., but Honda's quality is legend and they wouldn't mess with that.

Definitely the sloped windshield. It obviously isn't helping that much with the mileage so what's the point? The design of it makes it hard to keep clean on the inside and doesn't look all that cool in my opinion. That and the poor visibility are enough reasons to change it.

Almost Perfect
By CarGuy10

2006 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Everything everyone saying is true, great car, very smooth and quiet. My only regret is that the auto trans doesn't have a manual mode. This car has good power when you stand on it, but in city driving the transmission is always trying to go into overdrive, cutting off the power and forcing you to stand on it. It downshifts smoothly, but it tends to "hunt." I know the transmission is trying to achieve better mileage, but I'd give up some mileage for a 2.0 liter engine and more torque or a manumatic mode.

Styling, safety features, interior.

Manumatic transmission or a more rev friendly transmission setup. The stereo could sound better.

Still love this car!
By Lynn

2006 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

At 10,000 miles I still love my Civic. Getting 36 mpg (34 when new) and the gas mileage keeps improving! Quiet engine. No squeaks, leaks or rattles. It was bought to replace an Acura Integra and it is hard to believe this is an economy car! This is also the most comfortable car I've ever owned. Overall it seems to get better as it breaks in, or maybe I'm just getting used to it.

Dashboard, styling, Tight steering, comfort, mileage.

Less tire noise. Better radio.

Great Car
By Brandi

2006 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased this car mostly because I love Hondas. After I bought it I realized there was a lot more to it, it's a safe vehicle, (this car has more safety features than any other car that I have looked at), great on gas mileage, and a sharp looking car. I wouldn't own anything other than my Honda.

My favorite feature of the car is the style of it. I look the inside look of the dash board.

No improvements. You can't improve perfection!

Very nice car
By ww874

2006 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Overall I'm very happy with my honda. I still kept my pickup but I'm enjoying the monthly $150 I'm getting in fuel savings.

Nothing in particular just overall quality feel to everything. The radio aux input works great with my xm roady radio. Don't bother with hondas xm ready radio its way too expensive to install.

My only complaint is the position of the emergency brake lever. I'm 5 11 and it sometimes bothers my right knee when driving.