Used 2006 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews - 406 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda Civic Sedan

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

low cost of ownership
By AM

2006 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I've got 65K miles on it & I've had to spend only about $1000 in 3 1/2 years (set of new tires, replace front brakes & coolant service) besides regular oil changes at 5-6K intervals.

Aux input for mp3 players. Actually the only reason we chose this car was because of this feature.

There are too many blind spots compared to other cars, in my opinion, thus only 8 rating on the interior.

Honda Interior
By Hondared2006

2006 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Major problems with interior and trim, panels on inside of car by roof and window. Honda had to re built a major engine part. When car was 2 years out of warranty. For the most the car is outstanding on gas. Handles and drives great. Lots of room in trunk. Comfortable! I just wish the interior was a little better.

Design, Great on Gas, trunk space, sun roof

interior cheap trim, cheap sun visor

O say can you see?
By carcare

2006 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I am surprised that I have not read more about the visibility problems with this car! I only have one bumper left without a scratch. You can not see the front of the car at all and the back is not much better. The car is also very low to the ground making it awkward to get in and out of. I love the gas mileage, the interior design but hate the visibility problem.

Good Buy
By nukeford

2006 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased my Honda to cut my fuel costs. I had driven pickups for 20 years but the gas savings practically made the car payment. Being 6'1 I was impressed with the way I felt after my regular four hour drive. The car never had any problems except for a coupe of minor recalls. The downside of this car is its weight. You have to really hold on in heavy rain or snow. There have been numerous occasions when the snow buildup in the wheel wells caused some massive front end vibration.If you live in a warm climate this is the best car to get for fuel economy and comfort. If you are a DYI person you will more than likely have to get your trans fluid from the Honda dealer.

Gas mileage 36-42 during warm weather. Blue dash lighting is different. Interior nicely designed. Comfortable for large driver.

A little more room in the wheel well to clear out snow. A few more power ports--one does not cut it in the 21st century.

Just 'OK'
By jmart

2006 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Have had my 06 for 30 months and 61,000 miles. Only mechanical problems were - broken idle pulley, misaligned window (i.e fell off track). Yes, I average 36-38 mpg. Be prepared to live with: A TON of road noise, poor ride quality, constant shifting 5sp auto, poor power band esp with A/C on, and various (ever changing) rattling (ranging from the right front end to the rear shelf). I guess I expected better - maybe I need to lower ' the bar' of my expectations.

mpg