Used 2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Consumer Reviews - 146 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

THRILLED I bought this car!
By Joe M.

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan w/Navi (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I expected to buy the '06 Prius, but after test driving I found the Civic handled much better and didn't have as much cabin noise. The only disappointment I've had is the fact the engine "auto-stop" feature (when stopped at a light) doesn't always kick- in. The manual explains some of the reasons this doesn't always happen, but there are still some times I can't figure why it doesn't shut down. That's minor, though, in light of the excellent "green rating" (#1 on some lists) and my overall satisfaction - I HIGHLY recommend this car!

Civic Hybrid comes with everything standard - Toyota makes you buy expensive packages to get any of their bells-and-whistles. Added bonus: Honda has the best built-in Navigation system out there - ask anyone who uses it.

Slight adaptations to trunk (height, depth) - it's difficult to fit 2 large suitcases.

Ilove my Honda
By Jkelley

I had A 2003 Civic Hybrid, that got wrecked. I looked At other Hybrids, however I decided to go back with a Civic even though I had a pretty good wait to get one , had to order from Japan. It was worth the wait.

Like the Nav/cd system, Also having been T-boned by a ford 150 pick-up I appreciate the safety factor.

So far the only the thing I might change would be a bigger color selection

Love the Car and Driving Green!
By ThinkGreen

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The only thing I didn't like were the beige cloth seats -- they show the dirt. If the civic hybrid would have come in a hatchback, I would have purchased it instead of the sedan.

The fact that it is a hybrid; I also like the longer length of the car and the revised dash board.

Make a hatchback (then you could compete with the Prius!) Use darker colors for seat covers.

This is a great car!
By taniasboy

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I get between 48 and 51 MPG. This car has been smartly engineered.

Interior noise on the highway.

06 Civic Hybrid
By J Mayer

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The 06 Civic Hybrid gets great mileage with a slight adjustment in driving style. I average 49.6 MPG combined with about 75% highway miles with 13K miles on the car. Driven at higher speeds, mileage drops slightly, about 45 MPG when driving at 70MPH or above. Comfortable, well built, and no maintenance issues so far. Styling is good and comfort is reasonable. The seats can be a bit hard on very long trips. Lots of extras included in the standard model make it a good value. Sips fuel, looks good, fun to drive, great handling for an ecomomy car. Overall, this is the best car I have ever owned. Plus, it is easy on the environment with very low emissions. Overall, I am extremely pleased

I like the two tier instrument panel with tilt and telescoping steering wheel. It allows you to adjust the wheel so all readouts are visable at all times. No more ducking down while driving to see your speed or tank level. Digital readouts with blue illumination are futuristic and easy to read.

Fold down back seat would be nice. Tire pressure readout from cabin would also be helpful.