Used 2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Consumer Reviews - 146 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

SuperCivic!
By CLJ

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I absolutely could not be happier with this purchase. Bought the car sight unseen since Hybrids are in short supply (and having never owned a Honda before). Much roomier than I had expected and fit/finish of interior and exterior are phenomenal! Quality materials used throughout cabin. Love the split-level dash; very easy to read at a glance and keep an eye on my instantaneous MPGs. The new Civic body style is beautiful. I probably would not have purchased a Civic hybrid if they were still producing the last generation model. In the warmer months I averaged 48-55 MPG, but now that the weather has cooled, I get around 42- 46 MPG. Not bad anyway you look at it, and double the MPG of my old car!

Obviously stellar MPG is a big one here. Also, the interior has got to be one of the coolest on the market at any price point. Forward-sliding center armrest is a nice touch and plenty of storage pockets/bins throughout. Love the sleek exterior design. Side-view mirror mounted turn signals rock.

I'd like to have the option of a moonroof (I'd be willing to sacrifice a couple tenths of a MPG for one). Nav system should come standard on the Hybrid model. Honda needs to reposition the rear battery pack to allow for a fold down/pass thru rear seat. CVT transmission could be silkier in operation.

Unique, purely Unique
By Frank

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan w/Navi (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I expected nothing less from Honda. The car delivers excellent performance and reliability. One can only say it outperforms what Honda states. This is the quietest car on the market. You do not even hear it start. An impressive achievement. While Toyota makes a good hybrid, Honda has kept the price down and delivered an amazing driving experience. I am achieving 45+ miles to the gallon. I drive to my clients homes for a living and I spend lots of hours in this car. Having come from Beemers and high end cars I expected this to be a let down - NOT! You will be proud to own this car and you will be saving the environment.

Navigation system, quiet factor, smooth transmission, INCREDIBLE gas mileage. This is nothing like the cars of the 70's that had to use diesel, gave off that terrible smell and were extremely noisy.

If I could have one wish, I would like to be able to upgrade the radio through Honda. I like buying Honda products as they have achieved milestones. No big deal, I went to my local dealer and he gave me the name of who the dealership uses for radio upgrades. Need I say more?

Instrument Panel Driving Feedback
By RichardDietrich

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Cruise control is very helpful in sub-urban and urban driving as well as utilizing cruise control on the Highway. The car automatically charges and alternately expends electrical energy in the cruise control mode increasing the MPG that a tank of gas delivers. In fact the less hands on driving that I perform and the more driving the car performs in cruise control, the better the car performs.

Cruise Control. The instrument panel is also helpful in providing feedback of driver impact on MPG based on driver skill. The more one adopts reasonable driving skills to a trip, the better the per tank MPG.

Driver seat could have electric controls to operate positions and the exterior mirrors for Civics destined for New England should be heated

lovin' my hybrid
By AllieB

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I love my 2006 Honda Civic Hybrid! I am thrilled with the gas mileage and I get the reliability of Honda, plus I've gone "green"! This car is fun to drive, zipping around town, or scooting out into traffic- it is a pleasure. On trips and highway travel, the economy, performance and spacious interior are great. The two-tier dash gives it a bigger car "feel" and makes everything easy to see. The seats are comfortable and the cloth fabric has the feel of suede-very nice! The backseat and trunk are quite roomy and climate control is more than adequate. The sound system is fantastic and I have XM Radio to boot! It is fun to drive, comfortable to be in and great to look at, a sharp little car!

I wanted a hybrid and I did my research for six months before my purchase. I love driving a "green" vehicle- it is better for the environment and it suits my needs. It truly is fun to drive, it is responsive and due to its mpg calculations- I have learned to drive more gas "friendly".

The angle of the headrest is a little off so I have to have it raised which creates a blind spot over my left shoulder. Lights on the vanity mirrors and a little heavier quality sun visor. I miss my electric adjustable drivers seat from my 2000 Accord V6...

eleven months of civic's
By norman crawford

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The 2006 civic hybrid has exceeded all my expectations. I average between 46 and 51 mpg. I took the car on a 2500 mile trip to the west coast from Denver and was surprised that it was more comfortable than I thought. I started the trip around 69 mph and soon was cruising at 75 plus mph on the interstates. My worst mileage was from san diego to green river Utah ( all uphill) mileage was about 37 mpg for that segment. The gas engine does really rev up climbing grades in cruise control, but it goes along fine. Probably if you had 4 people on board, you would some more horsepower (I was alone) For what it is , I give it a high rating and like its look much more than the prius.

Add some lumbar adjustability to the drivers seat.