Used 2006 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews - 898 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda Civic

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Not again not very reliable.
By chris_m387

2006 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I used to own an 06 Civic it was fun to drive very responsive. But had too many problems. At 32,000miles the speakers went out warranty didn't cover it paid out of pocket, then the control arms, struts and wheel bearing were very bad had to pay out of pockets, at 45,800 replaced front brake pads. Tires worn unevenly went thru 4 sets of tire and had the same problem, I took a family road trip and out of nowhere the car lost traction and ended up spinning off road in Iowa. Had problems with the airbag sensor. At 60,000miles had to replace both ball joints.
And was very bad in snow even with the best winter tires. ABS didn't work good. So I had enough and got an 07 Hyundai Sonata V6 SE.

Quick, responsive, fun to drive, comfortable seats.

Better speakers, better struts, control arms, wheel bearings.

2006 Civic: No Problems
By drm52

2006 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased June, 2006.
Daily driver.

No problems.
No repairs required

Everything still feels tight and new.
Even have the original brake pads after 84,375 miles.

I am 6'5" and fit in it. Cannot wear a hat though. Exellent mileage. Good response once the revs are up.

A little more torque would be nice. Less road noise would be nice.

Poorly Built, Unreliable Honda
By drgoodson

2006 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car new and I am very unhappy with it. I first had the problem with the struts/supports in the rear end. One place thought it was bad shocks, but a former Honda certified mechanic figured it out and replaced them after I had worn out 2 sets of tires. Now I've just had the problem with the belt tensioner bolt, although my car was not recalled, and that cost me another chunk of change. I previously owned 3 used Hondas and they were all very good and reliable cars. Not so with this one, so I would advise everyone not to buy one of these as a used car. No more Hondas for me based upon my very poor experience with this car! Whatever happened to Honda reliability?

Today, I can't think of any!

Honda should build reliable cars like they used to, and offer their loyal customers something more than a lame apology when Honda builds one with this many problems! Now I know why Honda only provides a 36,000 mile warranty. Take a lesson from Hyunadi in backing your product.

Poor Reliability
By jessecornel

2006 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

From the time that we bought this vehicle new from a dealer, we have been disapointed. Within a few weeks the battery failed, and was replaced. Within a year the condensor of the airconditer failed and was replaced. Due a manufacturers defect the exhause bubbled the rear plastic bumper, and Honda denied responsibility. At 35000 miles the struts wore out and honda denied responsibility. At 60000 miles the air conditioning compressor failed.

At 75000 miles both the front struts and rear shocks failed causing a $900 repair and then a new set of tires. So the struts failed twice in 75000 miles. There is no warranty, and Honda denies culpability.

It has as nice ride when it is working.

Re-engineer the following: 1. Exhause and rear bumper 2. Air conditioning system 3. Shocks and struts

QUALITY, COMFORT, SAFETY
By molloy10

2006 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I have had "0" problems with my Civic. the car has performed better than I expected when I received the car in 2006. I had a minor front end collision back in 2008 and the service/collision team at rick case handled the repair quickly and to my satisfaction.
I hope to be a Honda customer for a long time thanks to the great service at Rick Case.

ride, handling, mileage

the 2013 is awesome. wish I could afford a new one now!