Used 2006 Honda Civic Coupe Consumer Reviews - 235 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda Civic Coupe

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

great car poor quality of interior
By drain90

2006 Honda Civic Coupe DX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

my dad got this car new and then gave it to me in 08 with 70000 miles on it. and he has never had to have major work on it. and i put like 30000 miles on it and it still runs like new. my only complaint with this car was that the interior was real cheap both my visors melted off during the summer and a lot of other little things messing up like the outlet for phone charger not working and i had problems with my door not locking. but over all its a fun car to drive its got a little balls real good on gas and looks good

Reliable, efficient, sporty and fun!
By Michael

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Had a brand new 2010 Mazda 3 but got rid of it to buy a 4-year-old used Honda Civic for half the price. I can't tell you how happy I am with this car. I get great gas mileage (37 with mixed city/hwy), which is easily 12 mpg better than the Mazda! The interior styling is excellent - I have the beige interior and its so open, light and airy, especially with the sunroof. The seats are spacious and comfortable, and the trunk gives me plenty of storage space for hauling stuff. Back seats are pretty big for a coupe. Love the layout of all the instrumentation, including the handy steering wheel mounted audio controls.

Love the "heads up display" for fuel and speedometer. Interior illumination is futuristic and functional. Seats are very comfortable. fuel economy is outstanding. 5 speed manual is sporty, responsive and fun to drive. One-touch sunroof is nice. Aux input great for iPod. Excellent Honda reliability!

For a 4-year-old vehicle purchased in fall 2010, it has everything I would expect and more. A USB input and built-in Bluetooth would be nice, but these are far from necessary. Only real complaint is the speakers: for a "Premium" audio system, they're rather poor and rattle a lot.

Great car for the money
By Fellcolor

2006 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Definitely the fastest base model civic, and a real charm to drive. I put over 90,000 miles on the car in less than four years, from NYC at Friday commute to the length of Highway 1, and hour upon hour in Chicago rush hour. I had no regrets, and am not convinced that my new car will be as reliable over the next year as this car would be. The cabin is spacious and ergonomic. The speedometer is well placed and sufficiently easy to read that it becomes second nature. Visibility is certainly good enough. There are a lot of things that annoy me about this car, but it took a lot of thought and substantially more money to replace the car after years of hard use.

Performance and core reliability are fantastic on the manual transmission coupe. The front cabin is spacious and quite ergonomic.

Gear ratios in the manual are a bit off. 1st is short for stop and go traffic, 5th is too tall for cruising. The bumpers show abuse terribly. Cabin materials are unpleasantly cheap and scratch easily. The trunk doesn't work well for large objects, and the rear-seat passthrough is obstructed.

Tire Wear, Water Pump Bolts 2X, Brakes
By Cathy

2006 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Have enjoyed driving car. Work done on car includes: towed twice to dealership for defective water pump bolt working into belts. Excessive tire wear. Replaced rear brakes. Droopy sun visors-what a pain-even though replaced once. Other than that regular oil change and tire rotation is all had to do. Get approximately 38 mpg in winter, 30 in summertime in Texas.

fun to drive, sporty appearance

better tire wear, bolt problem, visor vendor quality issue.

Spaceship or Car?
By allison88

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased used in Oct 09- Have loved it. I agree blind spots are a problem until you get used to them- took me about 2 months. It handled fine in the snow and hills of Pittsburgh. Standard tires were not great in the snow (and by snow I mean 2 feet) so I bought snow tires and didn't have any problem driving through unplowed streets! I love the sunroof, really makes up for the small windows in the backseat. Seats are really comfortable.

The stereo- have had so many people tell me what great sound it has! The aux cable for my ipod is awesome! Really love the design of the car. Love the tight steering and it is quieter than 4dr civics.

Would love a "seek" button on the steering wheel- where it is is a pain to reach over while driving, but I'm picky. Also I wish the drivers seat would go back to the same position after you fold it forward to get in the back. As it is the passenger side does, but driver side has to adjust back.