Used 2006 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews - 896 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda Civic

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

40 highway
By pete

2006 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

fun to drive, just drove 300 miles and refilled the tank with 7.5 gallons that equals 40 mpg all highway going 70 mph (sweet). i get 30 mpg around town.

sunroof and a/c

rear deck rattles, too much subwoofer

do not buy that car
By nikcina

2006 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I made big mistake when I went to buy a car. I was looking for a car that I like (big mistake). I should look for the car that will have basic purpose: to run trusty without problems. I thought a new car should be trustful and HONDA is that kind of brand but on the first oil change (4500 mi) power steering fluid was leaking (changed hose), drivers door squeaking when weather is wet, when I step on brake I heard click-clack. Then (6000 mi) it was very noise squeaking when I go all the way left (changed p.s. pump). NOW, when the gear is in the drive position I heard noise is like metal hitting metal (on neutral position that sound has gone), I need more time to start engine in the morning...

I was on auto-show in LA and the cars in much higher class are “nothing” for 2006 civic in design for my opinion. Interior is very good quality! My favorites is: very easy and very fun to drive that car, trunk space is ok, control console with MP3 player, space between steering wheel and windshield

Never buy HONDA! I am very disappointed! EPA is not truth! I am making 20-22 mpg in city with V-Power Shell. BE CAREFUL if you want a buy that car.

The Green Machine
By Paul F. Lintelman

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I do not miss my 5 speed manual Accord. This automatic keeps me busy, watching all the readouts, trying to maximize my fuel efficiency, while reducing global warming. Driving has almost become like land surfing, using the topography to propel as much as possible before applying the pedal. It's surprising how many times the hare and the turtle (Hybrid) end up in the same place at the same time. I save my brakes, am less likely to get into a serious accident not to mention less pollution in the atmosphere and the obvious saving the ever increasing dollars at the pump.

The auto stop engine shut-off when you come to a stop (traffic light or railroad crossing etc.)

Since the tire pressure is important to your fuel economy I wish the car would come equipped with a tire pressure gauge on the dash. The windows could use a darker tint to give more protection in the summer heat and help keep a cooler interior to aide the air conditioning start up efficiency.

Love My Si
By MadDogJohn

2006 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Great car to drive. Only two problems: (1) It's so easy to spin the wheels, I already got a reckless driving ticket. (2) Don't hit potholes. I've hit two this winter and because of the low profile tire, both tires split on the sidewall (cosmetic) and both wheels were dented.

Looks, engine.

V-6 engine, yes!

fun and comfortable
By sandcanyon

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have had no problems - it is comfortable, completely reliable in hot and cold weather, and very fun to drive -- trying to get the highest mpg is a fun challenge (when I'm not in a hurry).

mpg gauges, sirius satellite radio plug-in, engine stopping when car is stopped, battery charge during braking

I would like to be able to set a max rpm limit during cruise control mode, so that the rpm would not go sky high going up hills (car would slow down a bit, but thats ok). I would like a "best efficiency acceleration button" to accelerate the car from a standstill to cruise speed.