Used 2006 Honda Civic Coupe Consumer Reviews - 235 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda Civic Coupe

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

arjmd's Honda
By arjmd

2006 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Good looking, handles well. The stereo would be hard to beat. Easy to park. Easy to insure

Transmission, stereo, headroom

hemi

Totally Awesome!!!
By Dana

2006 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

First, I would like to say that I can not believe that I am in a Civic. I had owned a 96 Civic, before I just purchased the Lx 06 Civic, and it is totally redesigned in a classy way. It handles the road so smooth, and so much fun to drive. The price is just right for all the things that you get. I can see why it was voted Motor Trend car of the year!!

My favorite features, are the digital speedometer. The backround lighting of the panel instruments, and also on the audio you can type in anything that you want in this little screen that says "welcome"

NO IMPROVEMENTS. The Japanese have done it again!!

Best Little Car Out There
By HUSKER JIM

2006 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I'm a big guy, 6' 290lbs. This doesn't feel like a small car, but more like a rocketship! I don't feel cramped with plenty of leg, hip, and because of tilt/telescopic steering enough belly room. This is the most responsive car I have ever driven. Touch the gas and hold on! The steering is tight and precise. The brakes are fantastic. When I get up in the morning I can't wait to hit traffic. The dash layout is impressive the dual dispaly upper shows speed, temp and fuel and makes it easy to see while keeping your eyes on the road. Over all this is probably the best vehicle (out of 8 new cars) I have owned. This car isn't a home run but a Grand Slam.

Dual dash, layout of all controls exceptionaly well planned. Steering, and performance, and tilt/telescopic steering.

The rear side window/pillar creat a terrible blind spot. Replace flat glass with concave glass to give better field of view.

By Steve

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

The 2006 Civic is fun to drive with more power under the hood. Handling is smooth and sharp in tight corners, braking is much more steadier unlike Accord's soft braking distance. The ride is firmer and gives a much more sportier feel top to bottom than last year's coupe.

Two-tier dashboard. Audio system with ipod/navigation features. Interior/Exterior design. Fuel economy. Rear suspensions. Horsepower.

Leather seats would be nice.

What was i thinking purchasing a mazda?
By Daniel B

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Traded in my Mazda RX8, fully loaded, for 06 Civic EX coupe and absolutely LOVE IT!! What was I thinking buying a Mazda in the first place? My previous two cars were Honda and I loved them (both had over 150k mi. after I sold them). I thought Mazda wouldn't be much different - WRONG! I actually have more fun driving my new Civic! Can you say mechanical harmony?! And it cruises at 85 quietly and smoother than rx8.

I love everything about the 06 Civic. Surprisingly strong, quick, and quiet engine. And the gas mileage.. You gotta love it. I've been filling up early the past few times and have filled the tank w/ only 10.5 gals on a 13 gallon tank and I've gone almost 300 miles on only 10.5 gallons of gas.. :)

My only complaint is that the body assembly doesn't seem up to Honda specs, as my driver door sticks out a few millimeters more than it should. Still solid, but a little disappointed. The door noticeably sticks out more that it should.