Used 2006 Honda Civic Coupe Consumer Reviews - 235 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda Civic Coupe

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Hottest Car on the Planet
By Don

2006 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

That's what the dealer called it, and he was right. Great design; reminds me of my 1988 Prelude in how it stole my heart. Didn't take long to get used to the speedo up by the windshield. 140 hp and 40 mpg? Oh yeh. I've had the car two weeks, and I have yet to go through the tank of gas my dealer gave me with the car.

Love the car's lines, and purposely chose the coupe over the sedan because of the terrific front seats (better bolsters and support). Might sound silly, but I dig the steering wheel. Reminds me of something Sony would build for PS2. I'm tall, and the telescoping feature is awesome.

My Miata spoiled me for a tight transmission (like buttah) that becomes an extension of your right hand. The CIVIC's shifter is an inch too long, shift throws are clunky, and I have to hunt way too hard for 3rd/4th. The plasticky interior is OK, but reminds you often that it isn't an Accord.

Great Car
By Rick

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I give this car almost the highest marks possible, I just bought it and really love it. I had pondered buying this model for 6 years and finally with gas the way it is decided the time was right. This is one peppy sports car type handling car. The interior is great and everything is easy to use and read. I love the exterior especially from the sides and rear of the car, I have to admit I did not like the front end all that much at first but I guess the Honda Civic design team knew what they were doing, it has really grown on me and I have to say I am liking it more and more everyday. Super economy without sacrifice.

Review of Civic Coupe Ex 2006 with Navi.
By grishma

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe w/Navigation System (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Value for money... Sleek looks...however not the most comfortable car especially for pillion riders. Great road grip and acceleration. Big people should test drive before making decision.

Inbuilt navi...lovely sleek looks...I love the mileage!

Spacier interiors

Wow! 48th car and found the perfect car!
By CyberGypsy

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe w/Navigation System (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have had 48 cars in the past 5 years, loved most of them but this Civic is perfect! The car looks amazing inside and out, the look is so modern.The gas prices are rising and I was going to buy my 2nd prius, however fell in love with this little car, I am used to having BMW's and other high end cars, but you can't beat a Honda! This car is really amazing, don't wait run to the Dealer.

Lighting is awesome, who needs boring Amber! The Navi is even better then in my Acura TSX! XM rocks.. will never do without it! iPod hook up... oh yea! Timing Chain not belt.

Hummmm..nothing unless you give it to me free!

HondaFonda
By HondaFun

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my Honda civic last month and I love it!

Telescopic steering wheel, ambient lighting in the dark, temperature indicator and maintenence reminder. Cargo trunk is very roomy as well. Love the safety feature inside the trunk for those who have kids. Also, like the sporty wheels as well as the side airbags!

The dash board could be less clumpy. Also, I the length should have been increased instead of increasing the width. Like the old features the 2000 civic had such as buttons for the mirrors, sunroof top, etc. Would like to see exterior color to the alabaster silver come in silver instead of black.