Used 2006 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews - 896 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda Civic

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

'06 Civic EX 2-dr Coupe Best Car
By Kathy

2006 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

OMG! This is the best car I've ever owned! I love it! I'd buy another one; I plan to buy one more before I retire. The ride is smooth, it looks great, fabulous gas mileage. I love this car!

Body style, I'm a rear end buyer when choosing a car; I love the way the car looks from the rear.

Would love to have leather seats; they don't come in the Civic 2 door.

53,000 'BUMPY' miles
By jmart

2006 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Have had my CIVIC LX for 28 months/ 53,000 miles on odometer. As mentioned in my previous entries the car still rides roughly even on new tires. Rattles in dash, rear deck area. WHY does this car have SO MUCH ROAD NOISE? Clunky transmission-still-now has a new 'whine' to it. Still gets approx 34 MPG, though. KBB, NADA, Black Book value ahead of my pay off. I'm proud of that. Thinking of 09 Corolla.

Resale value

Better ride, more cabin insulation, fewer rattles, ditch the 5 sp auto-go back to 4 sp auto.

What a disappointment.
By Sergio

2006 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

The car responds quickly and smoothly on start but after 80 mph the speedometer rises too slowly especially when the car is full. But that' just the beginning. The driver's window came out of frame after about 1.5k miles. Later the interior started to fall apart small plastic pieces in the front corner popped out. After 20k miles front brakes came apart, battery was replaced, the starter and the alternator followed by the ignition key was giving problems. I didn't recognize it. I replaced cpu. The trunk lock broke at like 200 miles of use and the back seat open handle broke off easily. the exterior plastic started 2 fall off recently pins that hold them came out.

the dealer fixed almost everything other than that i like the gas mileage that's it. i live in a big city this car was not made for it. It has too many potholes and the road is a disaster a cheap car cannot make it through starts falling apart

needs to be redesigned

Civic Hybrid is a Solid Saver!
By Dave

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan w/Navi (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I put my deposit down the week after Katrina seeing the price of gas escalate. I traded my smaller SUV because I'm just more of a frugle type of person. The CivicH (like all hybrids) rewards those that will adapt their driving style to the strengths of the car. It always has power to pass reasonably, you just will pay in average gas mileage if you using the power a lot. No big surprise there. Even in the Northeast my lifetime average mileage is ~50 flat. In winter, it's 42-46 (short drive to work) and in summer it's about 56-58. It has been totally reliable and handles my family of 4 with ease. Just plain an excellent Honda with a gas mileage advantage.

Excellent handling when lightly loaded. Atkinson cycle and autostop get 60 mpg under light foot driving. Has power to pass when needed. Comfortable ride.

Larger electric motor for more efficient regenerative braking and more 'assist' on acceleration. Faster battery warm up in winter.

Love my Civic EX!
By Laura

2006 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my Civic EX Coupe with a manual transmission just over 2 years ago and still love it. Not only is it a great looking car, it's fun to drive. Very economical on gas and seems to get much better than stated in the reviews. I'm averaging about 33 mpg and that's mainly driving around town!

easy to read dash, fuel economy, stereo controls built into the steering wheel.