Used 2006 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews - 896 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda Civic

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Lots of problems, some under warranty, some not
By Jim Jones

2006 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

The paint started peeling after a few years. Recall notice not given until out of warranty. Had to pay $800 to repaint the hood and trunk. Every Honda Civic I've owned 1996 (224k trade-in), 2004 (190k died), 2006 (still running) had the passenger side window motor fail. However, the automatic transmission is good. Exhaust problem fixed by Honda but it failed again and was a few days over that warranty. On the 2004 Civic the transmission failed and had to be replaced by Honda after only 2k miles, so I'm sensitive about that. I'll try an Accord in a few years after I get to 250K or the car wears out.

Great used car!
By E Sather

2006 Honda Civic Ex
By Jesse

2006 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car my senior year of high school and truly would go back and do it all over again. For my daily commute and how much i drove, the MPG and reliability were great! I get anywhere from 350 to 500 miles to the tank depending upon where i drive(city/highway) or how had on the pedal i am. I bought the car with 80,000 on the clock and now has 152,000 and have had zero issues other then regular/routine maintenance. I love this car and would recommend it to friends and family or for someone's first car! I am a pretty tall guy and was a little disappointed when i first saw the car but when i got in and realized how much room i had and how comfortable it was i was amazed.

CANT PLEASE EVERYONE!
By Katman

2006 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Excellent car, I find it strange that you have a handful of complainers out of over 800 reviews. I don't even bother looking at those reviews when you have almost a 5 star score and just a few 1-2 stars.

sold the car was still running great at 179k miles
By S Jordan

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My first hybrid and it has performed perfectly...no complaints