Used 2006 Honda Civic Coupe Consumer Reviews - 235 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda Civic Coupe

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

No Pilot's License Required, But Wow!
By rrock

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Who would have thought 20 years ago that the Honda Civic would be one of the greatest cars on the road? The EX model Coupe holds up well to luxury cars costing twice as much or more. I love the driving feel of this car. It has a tremendous amount of power that if you really want to pass a vehicle on a two lane road – go for it! The exterior is a head turner with its clean lines and little to interfere with our average 34 MPG in city and highway driving. We pass gas stations and arrive at trip destinations without fueling up on the way. The interior is a dream for such an inexpensive car. I love the two tiered flight controls, because that is exactly what it feels like. Out of words but...

Tight turning. U-turn on a country road - no problem. Adjustable seats and steering wheel for a comforatable ride. The interior is a joy to view and all the controls are right where they should be. Every once in awhile I pretend I have a stick rather than an automatic - an easy thing to do.

Leather seats, electric seats. Make the car quieter on rough roads. Sometimes the car pauses before the burst of power from pressing the gas. Adding wings might actually allow it to fly - just kidding.

Great car
By Jmmel

2006 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

What a great car and so different from the previous model. It's so quiet but still has that sporty feeling. I love it and wonder why I don't see more on the road.

all

none

great car
By nayyar ali shah

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe w/Navigation System (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I think it is agreat car except for the cruise control that it did not have. the dealership has promised me to arrange it and equip my car.

the auto gears are exciting combined with the chirpy engine

It must be supplied with a cruise control in Pakistan

I Think I'm a Honda Person Now
By mwallace

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

It took about two months to take delivery of my new car and I've had it for a little less than a month. I have about 1000 miles and have gotten better gas mileage with each fill-up (about 35mpg). I love how tight and responsive the car is. It does vibrate a little bit, but not unreasonably. The acceleration is better that the 2003 Mazda6 I traded it in for and I LOVE the design, inside and out. It is also very comfortable. My mother and I bought the exact car (-color), she got hers 1st, then I got mine 3 months later. I thought I wanted a bigger car, possibly a SUV, but I am so happy with my decision. My expenses went down on all counts except insurance which went up about $15 per month.

Responsiveness, acceleration, excellent gas mileage, design, stereo, comfortable ride and seats.

A little less vibration and more sound deadening to limit road noise (wind noise is fine).

A "Solid" Economy Car
By Pat

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I had a 1995 Civic EX w/manual for 11 yrs. prior to this new one. It's amazing what 11 yrs.of engineering will do to a car! My new Civic awesome! From the interior/exterior design, to the build quality. In the interior, everything was well-thought out; all is where it should be, withing easy reach and logically located. The build quality is comparable to higher-end cars. When I close the door, it closes with a reassuring "thunk", at the same time incubating the occupants from outside noise. It's not "vault-like quiet", but it is definitely quiet in there. Everything else from the powerful and clear stereo to the ever-so-frigid air conditioning system work extremely well.

My favorite features of the car are many. But if I had to narrow it down to a few, I would have to say the power windows and moonroof, with their auto open/close feature make life very convenient in this car. And also the 5-speed manual: it's surprisingly crisp and shifts accurately.

My only suggested improvement would be for the headrest to be adjustable. Currently, it has a rather high degree of forward angle which doesn't allow me to adjust the seatback to a more upright position than I would prefer. I have to recline it further back, but it is still quite comfortable.