Used 2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Consumer Reviews - 146 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Driving the Honda Civic Hybrid
By h76

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan w/Navi (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Mileage is excellent. I love the way it drives. The no shift (just like a high powered golf cart) transmission. Step on it and away you go. A little scary the first time you make an economy stop and everything goes quiet. This is definitely the best car we have ever owned. I would think a lot more emphasis should be placed on how this car drives.

How well it drives and handles.

Power seats with memory.

Amazing
By kh

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Fun, beautiful, sporty, saving tons of money on gas. Best car ever owned. Achieving 50mpg consistently. Much better looking than the Prius.

exterior looks and nice dash

aluminum wheels too conservative looking - make sportier.

Drive Green Without Sacrificing
By Natalie

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The only concern I had before buying my Hybrid was the horsepower. But needless to say I have no complaints, I am able to get on the freeway & keep up with traffic with no problem. Since I've only had my Civic for a few weeks & have only filled up once my mileage was 38.6 mpg. I think once I break the car in that will go up. I constantly catch other drivers staring at the car, perhaps with jealousy!!

(Lack of) Gas consumption

The only thing I would change would be to add cupholders in the back seat & having the arm rest lock into place.

Great Investment
By Stephanie

We have sincerely enjoyed our Civic hybrid. It has been fully reliable and great on gas mileage, averaging around 45 mpg. It's beautiful on the inside and outside, and has plenty of leg room as well.

The navigation system for sure. It has already been such a big help. But the mpg is of course a big perk.

It's not the most powerful thing, but then again what can you expect from a hybrid.

Hybrid Drivers make it last!
By Easy

I have thought of making bumper stickers for my Civic but I love it some much I don't want to mar its appearance. I guess I'll have too once I get my HOV sticker. I haven't gotten my registration yet so it will be awhile. Anyway - on with my review. My wife owns a Prius which I have driven so I can nake first hand comparison. Prius hybrid system is slightly better since it can move the car from a stop without the ICE, perfect for traffic jams or congested freeways.The Prius averages 45 MPG so far.The Civic beats the Prius in all other categories. The Prius interior looks cheap by comparison. If you are after the highest MPG car get the Prius, but if you want a fun to drive car get the Civic

Dash Layout. Mine has the Navi so the PC audio card slot is great, saves me some money buying CDs. Plus it has several sort options, Artist, Album, Folder and even a song search function. The 1.5K extra is worth it.Voice activated Navi is awesome too. Two tone interior looks graet compared to Prius.

I am on my second tank of gas and I average just over 36 MPG or 35 MPG for the 650 miles I have driven. I have yet to see the 50MPG that Honda says it is capable of. I have adjusted my driving habits so this may come later.