Used 2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Consumer Reviews - 146 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Hi Tech /Gas Saver
By Donald

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan w/Navi (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I am a much better driver because of the MPG gauge. By constantly trying to improve my gas mileage, I drive slower and much more economically. I have avoided several accidents because I was driving more cautiously. The navigation system is excellent! I have made several trips to new destinations, the directions given to me audibly and on the screen were perfect! The stereo sounds very good for a stock unit and the seats are very comfortable. People are always gazing at the car and asking me questions. The big question is "how is the gas mileage" and I am pleased to say that I am averaging over 47 MPG in mainly stop and go traffic.

The navigation system, the MPG gauge, the digital dashboard, the cupholders, the front passenger arm rest. Plenty of head room and leg room. I am 5' 10". The climate control.

Rain comes pouring in when you leave the windows cracked. Rear seats do not fold down because of battery storage under rear seats

Fun and great mpg
By Phil

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I own a 2004 Prius and now own the 2006 civic hybrid. Great car and every bit as nice as the Prius. I currently have 1,800 on the vehicle and am averaging 51 mpg on mixed highway and city driving. I don't know how people can be getting way lower than that. I do not drive like a grandma, just sensibly. Don't expect to get 50 mpg driving 85 mph on the expressway or flooring it off the light. Great car, compares very well with the Prius. If you are seriously considering hybrids, this car is a good choice. I have two kids and we can all get in with no problem. You can definitely be a hybrid only family and take trips with no problem.

Quietness, handling, looks

Make all the doors unlock on the automatic unlock feature. The driver's door only? C'mon.

DO NOT buy this car without Navigation
By kevywevy

I'm not even through my first tank of gas and thought I would write a review. Heck, if something happens, I will write another one later. Whatever you do, do NOT buy this car without Navigation. It is simply spectacular. Kinda like TIVO in that once you have it you'll wonder how you ever got along without it. It talks to you, you can ask it questions, it tells you where to go, you are never lost, and it's all really quite fun. The interior is delicious and the exterior is head turning at the moment. Great car!

Navigation without a doubt.

Higher quality seats with power and heat. Maybe some leather? How about one of those extra large moon roofs that slides back?

Definitely would recommend Civic Hybrid
By sherraypa

Car rides smoothly and is very stylish, I drive about an hr to go to work and don't use much fuel. It's very economical and cost effective. 4dr sedan is roomy and comfortable. It's a must see for single guys and gals like me or small families!

My GPS navigation system is awesome and my second fave is my audio system.

Nothing, it has everything

Miles per gallon as advertised
By Rockyone

While I have owned the car only a few weeks, it is delivering overall mileage of 50-52 miles per gallon. I did notice that the "MPG" display on the dash is consistently about 1-2 miles per gallon less than that I actually calculate based on mileage and gallons to fill. I am extremely pleasedl.

The Navi system is much more user friendly than my previous 2003 Accord. I seldom touch the screen as voice commands cover most circumstances.

I would really appreciate a six-disc CD changer.