Used 2006 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews - 896 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda Civic

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

2006 Honda Civic LX 4 door
By Michael

2006 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Have had this car for nearly 3 years now and all we've had to do is change the oil and filters. The only negatives are: Terrible and noisy Turanza EL400 Tires (which are dangerous in even a dusting of snow). Interior and exterior scratches seemingly by even looking at them. Blind-spots are bad for backing, it's difficult to park properly as you can't see the corners of the car.

Exterior styling, space-age interior, handles like a slot-car. Over 40 mpg routinely.

Sell with better tires (not Turanza) on this wonderful car. Apply stronger paint and tougher interior materials for use of families and pets.

Nobody beats Honda!
By Bailey Jane

2006 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased my Honda in late 2005 when this new body style had just came out. I absolutely love my car. I have three kids and while we are outgrowing the car, I am purchasing an Odyssey and my husband will take this one over. We also had a Honda Accord lease that we are turning in this week. We love Honda's and that is all we have owned in the last 10 years. I have had no problems with my civic, I have almost 70K miles on it now and I have replaced the tires since I drive so much. But it is fun to drive, it is a beautiful car and the gas mileage is awesome as we all know. I would not ever hesitate to purchase a Honda! Plus I have 3 uncles that are certified Honda mechanics so thats a bonus!

Comfy seats, the looks of the car. The finishes, pretty roomy for a small car.

My husband has a sunglass holder in his Accord. I would really have loved one in my civic!

Cracked Engine Block @ 132K
By NPW

2006 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Love the car! It was a great drive but cracked engine block @ 132K???? This seems to be an epidemic now showing up on 2006/2007/2008 Civics! Honda will not cover it because of the mileage which I think is not good PR considering it is due to to a design weakness or a manufacturing defect regardless of mileage. Hoping for an eventual recall! Also, transmission had to be replaced at 132K!

The comfort The MP3 Playing audio system I got mpgs above the rating on freeway Good acceleration

Improve reliability! Own up to mfg defects/design issues if they are showing up regardless of mileage!

Satisfied customer
By Steve

2006 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this Civic for work when my daily drive became 55 miles each way. 25 freeway and 30 mountain switchbacks. The fuel savings have paid for my car. The only problems in 80000 miles have been the sun visors and the OEM Bridgestone tires wearing out. The engine performance as well as the fuel economy improves with the engine RPM. Keep the engine up over 2500 and the car performs well. Run it at 3500 and it really scoots. I put on some Perreli P3000 (now 5000) tires increasing the handling and doubling the tires life. The only drawbacks to this car are it seems to be invisible sometimes in freeway traffic probably due to its low roof line and it has no room for snow chains if they are required.

The small smooth revving engine that is built for higher rpm power and fuel economy (consistent 35 MPG) combined with the stable predictable curve holding handling. The dash layout that is easy to read well laid out and also makes the interior feel more open.

A simple base model with air conditioning included. The existing AC has a hard time keeping up when the temperature outside is over 100 degrees although it is adequate and a stronger unit may decrease mileage.

Nearly Flawless
By bobby23

2006 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Over 59,000 in 3.5 years and the only things I had to do was oil change and tire replacement and rotation and wiper blade replacement... that was it! I didn't beat it, but drove it as hard as anyone has driven any car. Some of the best seats I've ever sat in. Great sound system except for the rattle from the back panel that covers the rear speakers and subwoofer. 3rd gear was fussy on occasion. If a car is too fast, you don't get to enjoy it enough on public roads because you can't explore it's limits... The si is perfect because it's somewhat quick, it's agile, and it sounds great taking it to 8,000 rpms through 4 gears! I just turned the 06 in for a '10.

short and slick clutch and shifter travel, quick steering, engine sound, seat comfort and support, sound system

Not a fan of the dashboard layout-I'd like to see gauges, not a digital layout, maybe an in-dash 6 disc changer, that's it.