Used 2005 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews - 169 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Honda Civic Sedan

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Hondas are the best
By Steve

2005 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I have two '05 Civics, one a 5 speed manual, the other is an auto. The 5 speed has never has any mechanical problems except the clear coat started to peel off the rear bumper after a visit to the car wash. Honda fixed it under warranty and I never had another problem. That car has 70K on it. The auto has 32K. Although they are slugs power wise, I am getting high 30's in the winter and low 40's in the warm weather. Driving a stick can be a pain in traffic, but it consistently gets better mileage than the automatic trans. The Honda's feel like they have been gone over by engineers until they have it right. Drive the car gingerly and don't beat it, get the maintenance done and they will hold up

mileage close to a Prius, looks, reliability

Short wheelbase and being low to the ground means very firm ride. Slow pickup, but I'll put up with that in exchange for 42 MPG's.

Bad choice
By j perez

2005 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

The driving of this car is been unreliable, since I purchased this car I'm been having a lot problems, replace the alternator, passenger window regulator, and driver cv joint and still make another noise.

Fuel mileage

Quality

Excellent
By Tito

2005 Honda Civic Sedan Value Package 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I drove this car for three years before I traded for a Honda Civic 2008. Worst decision I ever made. I wish I have my car back. The Civic 2005 is an excellent car, I never had a problem with it.

Roomy interior, excellent gas mileage. Very well built.

None, the car is perfect.

Love my Civic!
By barb

2005 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

We bought our car new almost 4 years ago and we love the vehicle. Good gas mileage, very reliable (such a pleasure after the horror we previously drove), good looks, no rust, interior is larger than it appears from the outside. My only gripe is that the top of the foot space for the front passenger is very low and this can be uncomfortable, especially if you're a woman wearing higher heels. Apart from that, nothing but praise for the Civic.

Everything except the front passenger's foot space!

Provide more room for the front passenger's feet.

Front End Troubles
By Dan Polson

2005 Honda Civic Sedan Value Package 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

Fun to drive. Most of my driving is on winding country roads. At 88,000 had to have driver side hub bearing replaced. At 96,000 had to have driver side CV joint replaced

Great MPG

Better set of tires at time of sale.