Used 2005 Honda Civic Coupe Consumer Reviews - 106 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Honda Civic Coupe

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Reliable, but uncomfortable,noisy
By Sue

2005 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned my Honda Civic EX Coupe now for over 2 years, and found it is not the car for me. Found this out after renting a 2007 Mazda3 for a week, and discovered it is much more comfortable, more responsive turning and brakes, fabulous interior instrumentation! Over time, have found the Civic difficult to get in and out of, seats very uncomfortable, and long distance trips are painful. Biggest complaint is road noise! I've driven on the highway and been unable to hear conversations with other passengers, or music unless it is very loud! Would not purchase this car again.

Gas mileage is great - around 33-35 MPG combined driving. Inexpensive basic maintenance. Reliable. Orange back-lighting on dials very cool! After over 2 years, cloth on seats in excellent condition, exterior paint still great.

Reduction of road noise would really improve this car. Improved support in seats. Coupe doors heavy, don't stay open (keep shutting on me!) Upgrade interior features.

The worst car I ever owned
By Daniel Allentown, Pa

2005 Honda Civic Coupe EX Special Edition 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

You have heard about the Honda Civic lasting forever... think again. This has been the worst car I have ever purchased. My problems all began when I had to take the vehicle to get the rotors resurfaced at 7800 miles. They told me it was because of wear-and-tear. BULL. I had to replace the rotors three times w/in 50000 miles. I had to get the carpet inside replaced twice because it was getting a hole under the clutch because there was a piece of metal underneath that was not smooth. I also had to replace the button and locking mechanism for the lever that opens the trunk and the gas cap. That happened twice. The worst was when I tried to unlock it and the whole thing came out.

The only thing I liked about the car was that the speed was great. It accelerated well. I wish Honda would have been more reasonable and helped us more. I finally decided to get rid of it.

They should use better parts. The last thing to happen to my Civic was, my girl was driving home from work one day and the muffler fell off the car. Snapped in a complete circle from the catalytic back.

Love my Honda
By Weasle

2005 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought the car this month and I love it! It handles great, is a blast to drive, love the 5 spd. The ride is very smooth. I drive 80 miles round trip to work and still only fill up once a week, but I'm realizing I get better gas mileage on higher octane fuel and I only use shell or sunoco. I had a 90 Civic Si which was an awesome car but so far I like my 05 better. It picks up when I need it to with no problem and still has plenty of power when running the a/c. Hondas are awesome cars I highly recomend them.

5 spd, power windows, keyless entry, cd player, cloth sports seats, electro-luminescent gauges.

No complaints! Love my Honda.

Good little "run around car"
By civic9

2005 Honda Civic Coupe EX Special Edition 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I like this car, I thought this car would get about 32 miles per gallon, when actually I get around 28... 28!! Whoa! That's kind of bad but not too bad for city. Build quality is pretty solid for me. I had an 02 saturn sl manual. so this car for me is pretty nice! Mine came with leather seats too!! Over all pretty great car!! Very satisfied.

Leather seats, cd player, truck space, and gas is decent.

Advertise the correct gas mileage!! I would LOVE something to tell me how many miles to each tank.

You get what you pay for
By dmvp29

2005 Honda Civic Coupe Value Package 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

The car is fragile. Moderate winds will really affect driving, car sways easily. Acceleration 40-60 is extremely poor when A/C turned on and average with A/C turned off. Acceleration 0-40 with A/C off is above average for what you pay for. Gas mileage is good, comparable to what is advertised. Wheel alignment is fragile. Even moderately aggressive driving may cause alignment problems in the future. Car does not handle curves well. If you're buying this car for a child who only needs a car to get from point A to point B, then a Civic is a terrific investment and great value. This car gets you from point A to point B, nothing more.

Gas mileage, driver seat is reasonably comfortable, good acceleration (for what you're paying for) 0-40 no A/C.

Make car heavier, increase HP slightly (even if cost goes up, this is fine, these improvements are necessary to achieve "standard" performance).