Used 2005 Honda Civic Hybrid Consumer Reviews - 100 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Honda Civic Hybrid

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

120 mile a day commute
By tomtomt

2005 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)

I drive about 120 miles a day for my commute and love every minute of getting 50+ mpg. I replaced the standard stereo with one that has a XM Radio receiver and that makes the drive bearable. Road noise is the pretty high unless I drive outside the ruts made by those who insist on having studded tires on their cars.

XM Radio supplied by me. Next best feature is the Cruise Control.

Put some insulation in to cut the road noise down. And have XM Radio as a standard stereo. Also the drivers seat can be beefed up some with lumbar support. All vehicle manufactures should have the drivers seat made for heavy use since it's the one that gets used all the time.

LOVE my hybrid
By Sarah

2005 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)

After 1.5 years I am still in love with my Civic Hybrid. I get about 45 mpg and fill the gas tank about every 450 miles. Passengers are always surprised that it seems like a normal car - until it auto-stops at stop lights. They they are REALLY surprised! It has a quiet high- pitched whine that is annoying for people who can hear it but it is easily covered by the stereo.

The hybrid engine, of course! Auto- temp and -fan are good too.

Second power outlet button to auto- stop even when car thinks it shouldn't such as in stop-and-go traffic and when parked.

Buy One
By Steve

2005 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)

I've had this auto for about three months and it's a great car. I set the odometer when i left the dealer and so far it's showing 43.1 for all of the driving that we've done (4500.) The car rides well, has plenty of pep, and is very quiet. The only minus in this equation is road traction in snow and ice. Traction and control was scary until i bought a set of snow tires. I wasn't made aware of the need until i drove it in snow for the first time. I nearly quit driving it. Once the new tires were on it felt like it could climb a wall! No problems since.

The light weight of the car combined with the low rolling resistance tires makes for a dangerous ride in snowy or icy weather. The buyer should be advised.

Great little car
By Jim Peters

2005 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This car has some vibration problem at high speed but overall is a great little commuter. It could use a couple inches of leg room. I am 6'4" and it is a little difficult getting in and out of the vehicle but manageable. Fuel economy is 48 summer and 42 winter combined highway and city. Will do 44 on a trip.

Exterior design and fuel economy.

more leg room. less vibration

Honda Hybrid
By ymshelanu

2005 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Doesn't quite get the mileage "promised," but even though I drive it every day, I've only filled it five times since I bought it - almost four months ago!

Love "auto stop."

Auto stop should activate even when the engine is cold - this is when it is most needed.