Used 2005 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews - 404 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Honda Civic

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Pick One Up, IF YOU CAN
By Doug

2005 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)

Have had this car for about 2 years and simply love it. Bought it before the gas crisis and glad I did. Yes it does not have the pickup of normal cars but that is what the Hybrid technology is all about. If you floor it it decreases your efficiency. Has had one recall but that was an easy 1- hour fix at the local dealer. All it was, was some small computer change. Big trunk space, excellent standard features that come with the car, and looks great.

Love the gas mileage. I have read through some of the other comments and I believe it is all on how you drive. I have a manual and can get up to 59 miles per gallon on a complete tank of gas. Mostly runs at about 54 though. Have got 665 miles on one tank also. Use the neutral, coast, arrows.

Needs to have a passenger armrest and maybe throw in some light tented windows and like others have said maybe make that a special edition and give it some added features.

Great Car!
By AMM

2005 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan w/Front Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my Civic in July and then left on a 15000 mile cross country trip. As a four cylinder car, it doesn't shoot up the mountains but more than makes up for that in its handling ability. On the highway at crusing speeds of 75-89, it was wonderful and with cruise control on, the gas mileage was top notch (regularly 41 mpg). The interior of the car is spacious, given the compact size of the car and the features (radio, AC, etc.) are convenient and easy to reach.

The sunroof!

An automatic trunk relase on the keychain!

Greatest car I have owned!
By ssdavis33198

2005 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe w/Front Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car after putting 169,285 miles on a 1996 Accord. The Civic offered everything that I was looking for and more. I drive 40 miles one way to work, 6 days a week and I only have to fill up once a week. When I do fill up, it doesn't cost me a body part because the gas tank is small. My wife, mom, and brother liked my car so much that they went to the dealership and traded their cars in for Civics.

The entire car is my favorite feature.

None.

Great Car
By BDEiker

2005 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have had this car only 3 weeks and have had to fill it up once. I am getting a round about average of 42 mpg with city and highway driving. Love this car and I would buy it again.

Gas Mileage, No middle hump in the rear, Large trunk, Fun to Drive

Better Sound Proofing

Good little car
By Chicagoland driver

2005 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Bought it to replace my Ford midsized car. Very good handling. To state the obvious that some people forget, the way you drive will change the results you get with MPG. I've been averaging 42 since I bought the car in very mixed driving situations. Been as high as 50 and as low as 33. The computer is a little dumb and doesn't shut-off the gasonline engine sometimes when you're sitting in traffic. Overall, I'm very happy and love the blue color.

Styling is very simple and nice, inside and out. Love the blue color. Handles a bit like a golf cart (read: fun). Seats are very comfortable.

Lacks trunk-popper on remote keyless entry. Needs better computer "brain" to control gasoline shut-off system. Can't fold the rear seat. Environmental controls disable the Auto shutoff system unless they are turned to "auto" as well (even if turned "off")