Used 2005 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews - 169 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Honda Civic Sedan

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

I Love this car!
By Kait

2005 Honda Civic Sedan LX Special Edition 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

This is a great little/big car. There is a lot of room and it is very comfortable. It is amaizing on gas. All of the features are easy to use and see, nothing complicated. It has a great look and rides extremely smooth. It's a great first car!!

Gas milage, appearance, AC, the smooth comfortable ride.

None that I can think of...

Honda Civic
By Ashley

2005 Honda Civic Sedan LX Special Edition 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I love my new Honda Civic Special Edition. I am a young mother of a small child and not only is the Civic sporty and fun, but it also serves its purpose for being a family car.

6 disc cd changer/radio, sunroof

The only thing that I was disapointed with at first is that it doesn't come with the option for leather seats.

38/mpg in style amd comfort
By joel

2005 Honda Civic Sedan EX Special Edition 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I traded my 1998 civic lx sedan for this one. Comfort and economy is even more. I spent $45 at the pump and was able to travel 707 miles. That's 37.8 mpg, driving in LA (Glendale-Downey and all around). That's economy with 127 horse power. I was first attracted on the hybrid's 49/48 mpg with 98 horse power. However, I didn't want to sacrifice the 28 horse power a bit extra 8 mpg.

On top of CD/MP3 player (you'd be in a long drive and literally never ran out of songs), adds to the comfort and safety. That's number one in my book.

Now, why can't we have leather seats as an option?

Good for the Cost, Reliability
By dstech

2005 Honda Civic Sedan Value Package 4dr Sedan w/Front side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I have now owned this car for close to three months and the thing that gets me is the gas mileage. Its got good functionality, nice looks--but the gas mileage is the part that sells it.

Good sightlines--love the big windshield--and few blind spots. Floor shifter and emergency break--more reliable.

The only two things that I wish they'd improve on are a bit more space in the cabin (I'm 6'1") and a bit stronger and immediate air conditioning.

2005 Honda LX
By Rhonda

2005 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Vehicle is excellent on gas compared to old suburban I was driving. Would not consider for my college bound daughter though. Was disappointed to find out that the Civic had no daytime running lights(available on Canadian models though?) nor do the doors lock automatically upon driving vehicle. During this time and age you almost consider this to be part of the package, I'd rather get running lights or auto door locks over mud flaps...or pin striping

Comfortable to drive and I'm 5'7". Stereo is great and trunk has a ton of space.