Used 2005 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews - 405 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Honda Civic

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

A Civic will always be a Civic
By John

2005 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

For all of those who are looking for the "pin you in your seat performance" this car is not for you period. If you think about it most Civics have mostly been an easy going and reliable family car, this lives up to it. You get great gas mileage, and it seems pretty safe, but under the hood there is not much to be proud of. The interior is quite nice, I love the dials, and the from the outside the new look is pretty darn stunning. So like I said before a Civic will always be a Civic so besides the great reliability and gas mileage don't expect this car to blow you away.

The Red Gauges New Redefined look in the 04's and 05's Interior smells nice. Finally an armrest in this model of Civics!

MORE POWER (just try overtaking somebody in this car.)

I love my 2 door EX manual, magnesium
By Honda.F1

2005 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I was only going to buy a Honda or Acura. I was going to get a RSX but after much research I found they have known transmission problems. Do a google search and you'll see. I wanted something more sporty than a Civic but in the end I decided I didn't want to mess with transmission problems over and over again. I read lots of horror stories about people trying to get dealerships to fix their RSX transmission and never getting it done right or saying they could not replicate the problem. I'm very happy with my 05 EX 2 door manual. The only modification I want to do is get the Ground Control coilovers and Koni (yellow) adjustable shocks combination. And maybe a K&N intake for an extra 1-3 HP.

looks, handling, excellent gas mileage, the excellent reliability Honda is known for, interior/comfort, smooth/light clutch and shifter,

It should come stock with tinted windows and a small factory spoiler. It should also come with a much longer warranty. Hondas are known for not having problems so why not give them a 100,000 warranty. If Kia and GM are doing that then Honda for sure should be. Pricey, but you get what you pay for.

Basic, but very well done
By Kev in California

2005 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car is Oct of 2004 and have had no issues with the car. It is not fast, but handles good. I wish they would have had a 5 door version of this at the time. The interior plastic scratches to easily. Interior noise can be high at times. I get 30-35 mpg with a mix of city and highway driving. The front break discs warped slightly. I had that problem with the 1998 Civic I had. Never had that issue with any brand of car I have owned which includes Mazda, Nissan, and Ford. If you want an excellent point A to point B car that will not break the bank, this is a great choice. I am sure there is a lemon 2005 Civic out there somewhere, but most people I know love the car. I love mine

It is very reliable. Good MPG and good handling.

Brakes should be stronger and interior noise is to much at times. Classical or soft music is hard to hear in this car at times. The stereo is good, but not great. Would have loved another 40 horse power.

Great Car
By Donna Moore

2005 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)

I bought my Honda Civic Hybrid over two years ago. I drive 57 miles one way to work, so I needed a fuel efficient car. I have been very pleased with my Honda. I am very conservative in the way I drive. The roads I travel are narrow and winding, so the speed limit is 60MPH. I follow that and average anywhere between 44 and 47 miles per gallon. The only draw back I have seen thus far is the guard that is right under the front of the car. I cannot travel on dirt roads many times because the car hits center and knocks this piece lose. I have replaced this once, at no charge, but I am going to have to do it again and this time it is going to cost about 123.00 and labor. 80,000 miles so far

There are several things I really love about this car. The gas milage for sure is at the top of my list. The car is dependable and well built--no rattles or wind noise.

Do something about that guard piece under the front bumper.

Love this car
By luvmycivic

2005 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Never had a problem in 3 years. Started without any problems every time. Only complaint is there is not enough room for front passenger's feet with legs stretched forward and I'm short. Minor shortcoming however and would definitely recommend. Sat in back seat a few times and was surprised how roomy it was.

Fun, zippy little car.

More room for front passenger's feet.