Used 2005 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews - 170 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Honda Civic Sedan

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Best small car ever owned
By Robert Redeker

2005 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the car for the obvious reasons,Honda reputation and great gas mileage. I was a little hesitant because this was the first Japanese car I ever bought but I guess it's hard to tell these day's with parts of the car coming from everywhere including the u.s. and it being assembled in canada. This car is everything I hoped it would be and more. We get consistintly in the high 30's on mostly country back roads and hwy's and on a recent mostly hwy trip we got 45 mpg. I do run synthetic oil and make sure the tires are properly inflated to optimize gas mileage. We have 26k on the car now and have had no problems whatsoever. We plan on trying to get 300k out of it and it looks good so far!

great fit and finish. decent acceleration with the stick shift.Fun to drive. Gas milage. only takes 30 minutes to wash and wax.

A trunk release button on the key fob.

Great car
By Matt

2005 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

We traded in an 04 Grand Am for the Civic and love it. Its a much more fun ride than I expected, gets great mileage, and is comfortable.

Arm rests are perfect (I'm 6'1), steering is tight, trunk space for a small car is great.

Only thing on the 05 I would change was taken care of on the 06, to spruce up the dash a little.

Best in class
By amelny

2005 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

This is the sixth Honda (3rd Civic) we've owned, and they just keep getting better, cheaper to maintain and more reliable as time goes on. This one is fun to drive, handles very well and has fit/finish of a car twice as expensive.

Sun roof. Sound system.

Redesign cup holders in front seat to accommodate something taller than a sippy cup.

2005 Honda 4-door sedan
By Laurie C.

2005 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I have been in 3 crashes since I purched this car in March of 2005. Though slighly injuring my neck and upper shoulder areas, I escaped with no serious injuries. It is the safest small sedan on the market today IMHO. I generally get 35-40 mpg. July 27, 2006, I just turned over 10,000 mi. It is better than the 2 Accords I previously owned. I am very satisfied with my decision.

Cup holder is in a difficult place to reach larger cups without losing lid and spilling. Would like electric defroster/defogger in side mirrors and collapsable side mirrors.

Best for the price
By Max

2005 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Did a lot of research and wanted something RELIABLE. Everything else was not a big deal. My definition of reliable was: asking mechanics, owners, reading reviews, and just looking at the road; how many old Civics are still on the road compared to the other makes.

Gas mileage, instument panel colors, overall package.

Relocate the oil filter to an easier place to change.