Used 2005 Honda Civic Coupe Consumer Reviews - 106 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Honda Civic Coupe

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

The best
By r. Tracy

2005 Honda Civic Coupe Value Package 2dr Coupe w/Front Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

This car is the most fun to drive! Handles excellent, stops on a dime! Gets out of the gate first even next to an expensive sports car. Love it.

Everything

Would like to have height control on seats

a breath of fresh air
By AF

2005 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

After a long, arduous, and often annoying relationship with various Mazdas, my 2005 Honda Civic EX truly is a wonderfully positive change. Peppy acceleration, agile handling, and a serenely quiet ride make me endlessly happy I chose this car. Even friends in the backseat can ride comfortably and the chrome accents on the dash catch their eyes. This was my first new car and I could not have made a better decision. I look forward to driving this car for years.

Chrome accented dash, wheels.

Honda Civic VP
By George Hobart

2005 Honda Civic Coupe Value Package 2dr Coupe w/Front Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

Good economical car. I bought the 2-door, VP package with side air bags and manual transmission. I do not see too many manual transmissions this close to NYC. I on the tall side but not too tall, 6'-1" and I found that the 2006 model had a reduced head room and a more radical sloping windshield. My 2005 model has a higher head room and the windshield does not slope as much, letting me get into the car easier. I never liked motorized windows or electric locks, found them to be trouble waiting to happen. I bought the car to use for a long time, I hate throwing things away.

Small, new, economical car.

Offer a small car for tall people instead of having to go to the trucks, SUVs or Vans.

New Car & Surprises Not Always Good
By traveler

2005 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

Purchased this new car w/75 miles on it from dealer. Nice looking exterior, well appointed & roomy interior. Great car for city & all flatland driving. However, it does lack necessary torque/power/responsiveness to effectively & safely climb hills, pass, & freeway merge when necessary without having at least 3/4ths of a mile or more clear of traffic to get up to speed (0 to 60mph in not seconds, but 3 to 5 minutes! Amazingly poor & unsafe performance!

Well appointed & roomy interior. Great FM & AM radio reception w/interior antenna.

Improved torque/power. Improved turning ratio. Better original tires--originals have minimal traction on wet roads-- don't even want to think about performance or lack of on icy/snowy road conditions.

The Best Car We Have Ever Owned!!!
By Carlh

2005 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

The Best Dang Car we ever owned. We used to have a Infiniti Q45...Big V-8, fun to drop the pedal to the metal...14 miles to a gallon. When gas went to $3 per gallon, we just couldn't support the foreign oil magnates any longer. The Honda CIVIC LX 1.7 gets 39 miles per gallon!!! Yahoo!!!