Used 2004 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews - 225 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Honda Civic Sedan

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Awesome little car!
By Eric

2004 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I had a 2002 civic LX and traded it for a 2004 Chev Malibu thinking I would appreciate the larger car with more bells and whistles. WRONG! I had the Malibu for a year and a half and here I am...back in a civic. I absolutely love Hondas and i will NEVER buy from another auto maker. People say "never say never" but I tell them to drive a Honda...you'll see!!! My only complaint is the Firestone FR690 tires that come with the car are dangerous. I changed them to Michelins and we are back in action. LOVE IT!!

Dash lights, sporty style, QUALITY!

Garbage tires, anyone else have have to get used to the dash lights being on all the time? A couple times I start driving at night and I figure the headlights are on because the dash is so bright...oops!

Expecting a little more from Honda!
By Mike

2004 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

This was my 1st Honda. Gas mileage is great. It was the reason I bought it. Dealership not very inspiring. Had 2 electronic issues. Gas gauge faulty. When that was fixed I found out thru a safety inspection the rear lights didn't work. My mech traced the problem to behind the dash. At 1st Honda confirmed that fact but then said it was at the transmission. Wrote owner of dealership to complain but was told he would stand behind his staff. $700 later it was fixed. What was I thinking. The consumer is right?? My mechanic traced the problem and stated that the cell on the transmission was ok. Problem was behind the dash. Who did the work behind the dash? I'm getting the Mazda3 next week!

Gas mileage and the seats are comfortable. Getting rid of Honda, priceless!!

Better customer treatment and smarter and more honest mechanics as well as managers!! Radio controls on the wheel. Trunk opener on the key fob.

Best car ever
By Charlynn

2004 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought my 2004 Civic and it's already the best vehicle I've ever bought. It handles wonderfully and the gas mileage can't be beat. I am counting on having this car for at least 10-15 years because I know it will last!

Handling, gas mileage

Engine isn't powerful against high winds on the highway.

Does the job for the least money
By GoingfromAtoBandBack

2004 Honda Civic Sedan Value Package 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

Too many people marry for looks rather than moral character, and too many people get an unreliable car with the same superficial philosophy. We couldn't be happier with our base-model Honda Civic. My car is not my identity but simply a thing to take me from A to B and back. Over the last three years, our Civic has done the job flawlessly. And we got it for the least money long- term among compact cars, except for the Corolla, which is comparable. People don't need 6 or 8 cylinders, or a car that "looks good." As drivers, we need cars that will reliably drive us on paved roads without driving up our debt or driving us crazy with repairs. The Civic builds contentment and peace in our hearts.

Starts up every time. Good oomph when needed. Big front window. Fold-down rear seats open it up for cargo. Dog cage fits in back seat too.

More insulation to cut down wind and road noise would be preferred. Anything else I wanted are in the EX, which I could have bought.

There is nothing better than this!!!
By Omer

2004 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned a BMW before I can attest to the fact having a reliable car is more important than having an fancier car. This car is a very simple car thus everything works as advertised. I have owned this car for almost 3-yrs now and I haven't had a single mechanical problem. Also trade-in value of this car is about $11000 even though I only paid $14500 for it about 3-yrs ago. This is not a performance car but it is an everyday winner. You can easily own this car for 10-yr worry free with regular interval oil-change and stuff. Just remember Honda's specialty is engines and these things live forever. I just love Hondas.

Blue-lights in the dash, reliability, style, gas mileage, and its an Honda.

A better sound system and more power than again you only get what how much you pay.