Used 2004 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews - 225 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Honda Civic Sedan

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Still going!!!
By Zoom Zoom

2004 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the car new, it had 24 miles on it. Now it has 75,000 miles. I have made changes to the car. All with the intent for better gas mileage. Stock I was getting 33 mpg on the interstate at 75 mph. After dual exhaust, K&N air intake, summer tires, and it's not manual (automatic trans.); I now get 51 mpg on the interstate at 75-79 mph. Seriously basically stock 1.7L with an automatic stock trans. and 89 octane pump gas, I get 50 mpg. The city drive takes a toll on the gas mileage, due to the trans., I still get anywhere from 38 to 43mpg in the city. It is definitely not a racer, but it is what I paid for. I would like to have a little more power, but saving the gas money is great.

The gas mileage I get with the alterations is great. The four doors are great for extra room. The lighted tach display is a nice stock option, it just looks cool. The body styling of the 4 door is very sleek with the compliment of the stock rear spoiler, I get lots of compliments on the car.

The hard plastic silver covering on the inside door handles, wears off in about 2 years and it is dangerous to your fingers. Alter the stock design of the resonator box, it chokes the cars rpm and mpg. Give the base model a VTEC option. Softer seats.

Good Work or Run Around Town Car
By John

2004 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this to drive to and from work because of the dependability and resale. This is my first Honda and I bought it with just 23K. It replaced my Ford Escort. Gas mileage is about 1 or 2 MPG better than 2002 Escort. It sits better and has better acceleration than the Escort. Honda gets about 32-36 MPG to and from work which is about 8 miles in town, 34 miles on freeway. I do not just drive it in town. It gets twice as good of MPG as my Mountaineer!

Sunroof/Moonroof, cruise and comfortable drivers seat makes for good commuting. Trunk is roomier than I thought. Good gas mileage. Very good response from steering.

Front stereo speaker quality is poor. Windshield wiper spray and wipers are weak. Tire quality is an issue when driving through snow. Looking over your shoulder to see the blind spot is a problem.

first honda
By billy

2004 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Most uncomfortable car I have owned needs more comfortable seating, alloy wheels need to be standard. Anti-theft radio is a pain when you buy the car used and don't have code then you have to pay $60 to get the code from dealership. Love the dash lighting

style

more comfortable seating, alloy wheels standard

My 2004 Honda LX
By Leahcim

2004 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Honda lives up to its reputation in that this car gets great gas mileage as well as good reliability. No major problems with my car which currently has 58000 miles on it.

Love the dashboard layout.

Kinda odd that when you come to a stop you can hear the fuel in the fuel tank sloshing around.

Total Reliability
By JB

2004 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

A pleasure to drive. The definition of dependablity. Fantastic gas mileage. Remember people choose to buy cars w/ poor mileage & pay out the nose. Not me. It's a quick, cute car. I drive a flawless manual. I have bought one set of new tires and change the oil regularly. No maintenance problems to speak of despite hard driving and a lot of travel.

Looks, mileage, quality every day.

Just a little more power, but I am not complaining