Used 2004 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews - 560 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Honda Civic

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

2004 Honda Hybrid
By carol

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This was my first Honda that I ever owned. I currently have over 170,000 miles on it and it still is running strong. I drive 140 miles round trip to work from the mountains at 6,000 feet to sea level 4 days a week. My gas mileage averages about 40 mpg. I did replace the IMA battery at just under 150,000 and the cost was covered under CA law, lucky me! I love this car.

Gas mileage

Armrest console
By bobi

2004 Honda Civic Value Package 4dr Sedan w/Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

The armrest hinge got stuck in the upright position and would not go down. The service dept at Honda found this normal. The part alone (the would cost $162, to say nothing of the labor ($100 plus). I think the armrest should last the life of the car. It was not abused in any way, it just died an untimely death. Everything plastic on the interior of this car has been feeble and junky.The interior lock for the trunk faces upward and is constantly full of sand. It has been replaced twice.The plastic covers for the seat back locks fell off long ago.The paint on the bumpers is all damaged and freckled. Perhaps this is a way for Honda to recoup the admittedly very low initial sales price.

Very few mechanical repairs.

All the plastic in this car has to be redone, only better.

Good little car
By Gus in NC

2004 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car used just for driving back and forth to work. The ride is so good, however, that my wife and I have also driven it on several trips. The ride on the highway is really good, and the mileage is excellent, 40 to 41 mpg cruising at 70 mph, with plenty of power left over. It also has lots of luggage space in back. Driving back and forth to work, I get 35 to 38 mpg. While this is not a race car(it wasn't designed to be one), it has plenty of power for everyday driving, and can keep up with everybody else, including on the interstate. It also is a nice quiet ride at any speed, and is sure footed, both on dry roads or snow.

Ease of finding and using controls on dashboard. Visibility is surprisingly good all around. Lighted instrument cluster is easy to see, even when you have the sun in your eyes.

Cup holders not easy to find without any lights in that part of the console at nighttime. Could use fog lamps as standard equipment.

zoom
By tivo

2004 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I've the manual 5-spd, v. different driving- functioning than the automatic. Like a racing car. The control is magnificent, zip-zip here, there, everywhere - zoom, juice to spare, just downshift. Driving is easy, shifting smooth, cruise control great luxury. Can't imagine what more expensive autos are like! This athletic lean machine is for the tight human athletic lean machine who travels light, Slim. Extra poundage - not.

Heat-cooling v. efficient, lots of interior control for comfort. Parks in a thimble. Inconspicuous, rather unnoticed, good for the humble ego - quality vehicle operation the unseen gift of spiritual maturity.

Some added cool stuff for the interior. Variable wiper spd; squeals. Ignition key entry more accessible, larger? More road noise insulation.

I. LOVE. THIS. CAR.
By teajai

2004 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

Prior to my Civic Coupe EX, I owned two Accords and two CR-V's. I got a little tired of all the money I was putting out in gas and on a whim I purchased my current 2004 Civic Coupe EX and began my journey. This is an excellent car! I was really scared when I was faced with driving it in the snow after being in a CR-V for 11 years...but the car is amazing. She plows through anything and climbs hills that have left other cars in the ditch. I've owned this car for just shy of 2 years now and I love it more and more each day. I get an average of 36-38 mpg--no matter the driving conditions. I can't praise this car enough. Get yourself one and begin your own inexpensively reliable journey!

The mpg, the style, it's fun to drive, easy to park, good stereo system,it's roomy for being so small, spacious trunk, inexpensive to own, repairs are minimal,it's comfortable and great in the snow....again with the mpg..you just can't beat it. It seems to get better the more 'broke-in' it gets.

It would be nice to have better cup holders in the back.....there is nothing else I can think of. Thank you Honda! I'm a fan for life!