Used 2004 Honda Civic Hybrid Consumer Reviews - 132 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

2004 Civic Hybrid
By TOM

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)

Great auto for 100 mile r/t to work. Comfortable for 6'2, 230 lb guy. No repairs as of 35,000 miles, except for service. Handles good in wet conditons but poor in snow.

Great on gas mileage, 44 mpg, which as expected is under the EPA's test of 50 mpg.

Truth in advertising?
By Liszt

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)

I like the car a lot. Not a lot of power, but solid. The sticker says 47/48 mpg but I average 38-42 mpg consistently. I can't imagine how these other owners are getting over 50 mpg unless they are driving only downhill and with no wind resistance... I wish I really got 47/48 mpg as it says on the sticker. I really baby the car and am aware how to obtain the best mileage possible, but it just doesn't happen.

Instant mpg display.

More power. Truly the mpg it is advertised to have would be nice. That's why I boought the car in the first place. Feels like a letdown or that Honda is trying to entice people to buy it with these higher than realistically attainable numbers.

goodbye chevy, hello honda civic hybrid
By ken good

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)

having been a chevy diehart most of my life, i simpley got tired waiting on g.m. hybrid. purchased a honda civic hybrid, got the shock of my life. handels great, fun to drive, gets 50 mpg and 100 mph if i want to. a very very solid car, compaired to my priouvis chevys. my corvette has been parked.

gas mileage, 46 to 52. depending how i drive it,rides good,easy to get in and out and iam just happy with this car. a/c and incabin air filter are very good

better shocks,cruse control to active, not good for gas mileage. and road noise, needs dampend perhaps under coating would help

Excellent Car
By zadscmc

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)

I have had my mt hybrid just about one year and I am highly satisfied. Over the 30K I have driven it, I am averaging 51.4 and have had tanks at 56 or more several times. I never have problems with acceleration as I keep an eye on the battery gauge and love trying to make one tank of gas exceed the next. I strongly recommend changing the air filter even before recommended interval, as a modestly dirty filter will drag down mpg by 10 percent.

Mileage. Tranditional body style.

Cupholders are in a useless spot. MPG indicator "tops" at 120 mpg.

12 months
By kawboy68

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

in high altitude fuel milage averages 38 for the 24k miles. poor in snow great car to own as better than previous autos and clean running

better fuel milage 38 mpg