Used 2003 Honda Civic Coupe Consumer Reviews - 182 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Honda Civic Coupe Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Over 271000 miles and still going strong!
By Zach

2003 Honda Civic Coupe DX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car around 2012 with 120000 miles on it. Best decision I ever made. As long as you keep up this car it will take care of you. The transmission fluid is still the color it needs to be and the Engine oil doesn't have have a burnt smell. I've only had a couple of electrical problems out of the alternator and battery cables. I changed the catalytic converter cause it was bad with the manifold sense both pieces are actually attached together which is great cause you replace two major components for the price of one. The car is pretty simple to work on which is a plus also. Heat and Air still work great also and tires seem to last forever on this car. All in all this car has been great for me.

Loved this car!
By Christina Charlot

2003 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I got this car brand new with 2 miles on it in April 2003. I traded it in last night after 13.5 years and 196k miles. Awesome car! Only issue was temp gauge that no matter what was replaced, kept acting up. That's reason why I got a new car. But other than that it was an amazing car, reliable.

Buy one for reliability
By carterpuma

2003 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I struggled with constant repairs on domestic cars for years before purchasing this car.
WHAT A DIFFERENCE.
Bought at 47K miles in 2007 and now have 120K.
In that time only ONE thing has ever gone wrong and that was a sensor that only cost $150.
It just blows my mind how reliable this thing is.
This car is such a smart choice and can be found for under $5K atm.
Will be one of the best vehicle investments you ever make.

Gas mileage 28-30mpg city/38-40 all highway in ohio weather, Reliable, great looks inside and out, strong resale value

Underpowered, kind of loud, not the smoothest vehicle

best car i've ever owned, BY FAR
By thwipp89

2003 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

bought my EX automatic new in '03 and have 125k miles after 10 yrs. after having a few american cars that were unreliable money pits, this car has been spectacular for me. wish i would've bought a honda sooner than i did.

over 10 yrs, i've spent about $1k in non-maintenance repairs- mostly emissions/exhaust related, most of which has been at the 10 yr mark. i did need to replace the alternator after about 9 yrs.

i average 30 MPG combined (about 65% city) but i have a very heavy foot.

reliability/dependability(!!!) MPG moonroof alloy rims value- i feel that i've more than got my money's worth from this car!! it's been virtually worry-free.

a little more HP would've been nice (the new civics have 140 HP vs the 128 HP this one has) but i'm willing to sacrifice to get better MPG. the factory stereo SUCKED, so i got an aftermarket stereo and speakers right away. the seats could be more comfortable. there could be more/better placed cup holders. the auto trans hasn't always the smoothest/most consistent when shifting gears, which seems to be a potential issue with this model. i did start using lucas trans fix, which seems to have helped.

Best Car I Ever Owned
By techgromit

2003 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I owned my 2003 Honda Civic LX for 8 years now, it's given me the least amount of problems compared to every other car I ever owned. True it's also the first new car I ever owned, but I've has far more problems with other used cars with less mileage. Parts last longer than other cars I've owned, from tires, to struts to breaks, they all need to be replaced less often, at least that's been my experience. The transmission does slip a little when it cold out until the car is warmed up, replacing the transmission fluid twice did little to improve it, but so long as I let the car warm up before doing any drag races, it runs fine.