Used 2003 Honda Civic Coupe Consumer Reviews - 181 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Honda Civic Coupe

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

My hot Civic.
By My smooth ride!

2003 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

My Civic is one hot little ride. The engine is creamy smooth, 5 speed shifts the best of any economy car, Gas mileage is the best without it being a hybrid. Very comfortable seats. Great driving position. Nicely loaded and excellent build quality. Not the typical econo car cheap parts. This is my second Civic, the first was a '95 and it was very dependable and long running. You won't believe the excellent mileage. Quality, dependable, and long running.

Ride and handling. ABS. Aluminum wheels. Sunroof. Gas mileage and cruising range. Driving position with nice armrest. Honda's quality and how nice the car looks. Quiet.

Hmmm, maybe more power with the same gas mileage. Make the car fly. Oh, lower insurance rating too.

No maintenance!
By plasticized.cohort

2003 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in '03 after my '01 civic was totalled. I've loved it dearly and I'll be passing it down to my baby sister even with 60K miles on it. I have NEVER had any work done to it. It's cute and sporty with the optional spoiler.

Gas mileage, reliability, sportiness for a cheap car.

The pattern on the cloth seats is a little too funky... even though i'm sure a solid color would show stains and then I'd have something else to whine about.

I still miss my Accura
By Ralph

2003 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

This car has taken me 66,000 miles without the slightest problem. I drove my last Accura RSX to 180,000 miles on the original clutch. You cannot say too much about the reliability of Honda products. In good old flat Florida the 1500 cc engine is just fine. I found the engine to be very busy in the mountains when I drove out to LA. The handling of the Civic is OK but once you get used to an Accura you are ruined for anything else. My next car will be another RSX.

In a tropical climate a sunroof is an absolute joy. Sunshine and 38mpg is a great combination.

The lock on the fold down rear seats is a big nuisance. The original tires were not worthy of such an excellent car. They failed in just over 30,000 miles.

Great Investment
By Wayne

2003 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I have driven several luxury vehicles, decided to try a civic out after hearing all the good things about them. The only thing I can say is a negative is that after 3 or so hours, it is not as comfortable a ride as other vehicles I have owned. However, it is attractive, gets 40 mpg (which is more than the sticker states), is cheap to insure and has a great factory sound system. It shifts like a dream and I have no complaints.

The speakers and the integrated antenna in the back glass are great- always excellent reception (better than regular antannas) and the speakers are phenomenal in the EX.

Better quality seats, these don't provdie much support or cushion.

I'll own this car forever !
By GordonGump

2003 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my car for 3 1/2 years and have not had any problems with it at all. The only things I've had to do with it is new tires, and oil changes every 3,000-4,000 miles. I am glad I have my Honda Civic right now because it gets great gas mileage which is a big thing now with the price of gas. Do not hesitate to buy this car !!!

I love this interior of my car, its sporty and sleek... my car is silver and black inside.