Used 2003 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews - 181 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Honda Civic Sedan

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Very Reliable For Me
By GBradburn

2003 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Have had the car now for over 5 years; over 80K miles. No mechanical problems at all and fairly good gas mileage. I bought this car for the gas mileage, easy to park/maneuver in city traffic, and it's reliability. All three held true. Needs just a little bit more room for those drivers over 6 feet tall.

Gas mileage, exterior look, and performance.

A little bit more leg room for the driver... otherwise not much else.

This is my civic 2003
By Superino

2003 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in November 2006 having 14000 miles, now after 15 months I have almost 28000 miles. Since I have the car I'm obsessed by the road noise. I put a blanket in the trunk and I changed the Dunlop sp20 fe tires with Michelin x-radial dt, big improvement, tires are not so noisy anymore and don't squeal on turns. Still if I ran more than 65 mph (sometimes less) I can hear the wind, if it rained I have the sensation that I have the doors open and I hear all the noise, when the water is splashing under the car it's unbelievable how clear you can hear it. The doors starts to shake when listening music with heavy bass. The car starts to shake when the AC is on. Noisy engine.

I like the steering wheel look, compared with older Honda models, could be smaller though.

Stop the noise. Wider tires. Put more gears on automatic.

great value
By Jeem

2003 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Great car, good on gas, needed struts after only 40000 mi. Had brake shake in the front and grinding in the rear. Three year/36000 warranty isn't very good.

Gas mileage.

Great car
By BT

2003 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

The car is fantastic - everything I hoped for. It's not a performance car, but you knew that. Great MPG, very comfortable in the front seat.

Excellent gas mileage. Very reliable.

The back seat could be more comfortable, but this is not a luxury car. Space is limited.

Love it!
By lilrabbi

2003 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

This is a really great car. I have had no mechanical problems with it at all. On the highway (55 mph) my LX (not hybrid) gets 47 mpg! It is about 30 mpg around town. The only two problems I've had? The car is VERY noisy driving down the road. In the job I just left, I would drive three 1-hr roundtrips and two 4-hr roundtrips. It killed my back. My legs would be nearly numb when I got to work.

Gas Mileage. Very roomy in all the seats and the trunk.

Put sound dampening pads/carpeting in the doors and trunk lid. Spray the bottom of the car with sound-dampener. Come up with softer and more supportive (where support is needed) seat designs.