Used 2003 Honda Civic Coupe Consumer Reviews - 181 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Honda Civic Coupe

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Really enjoyed this 2 door EX Coupe
By Dean

2003 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I had my Honda Civic for 5 years but just recently sold it so I could get a 4 door (got little kids). The car was very, very reliable and I only had a little over 51,000 miles on it. I never had any mechanical problems with it the whole time (knock on wood). I always changed the oil (myself) every 5,000 miles and made sure to change Air Filter (15,000 miles). I made sure to check the tires monthly as well. I got anywhere from 32-33 mpg around town with some highway driving. For straight highway trips I averaged around 36 on the last one. If you take care of this little baby it will take care of you. If you decide to sell your Civic, sell it out right as the dealerships will hose you.

The color, style, very sporty looking. Had a lot of get and go.

Seats weren't comfortable on long rides compared to the Accord. Would suggest they use that type.

Honda rating
By Honda Puss Man

2003 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Great mileage, great looks, reliable as all hell. Best car I have ever owned.

38 mpg Highway, 32 city. Moonroof, mag wheels, all over styling

Better radio - that's about it!!!

I love this car!
By Tony

2003 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Extremely well built car. Manual trans scoots around. So far I've had nothing go wrong or need to be fixed or even adjusted. I just put Michelin tires on it and it changed the ride dramatically for the better. If I had known this I would have done it when I bought the car. The OE tires were weak but didn't wear out quickly. Well, one issue is that the CD player can heat up on a hot day and cause a crackling on the audio output. To me it has been a minor issue that I've ignored. I've experienced this on other cars so.....What can you say about a car that has never had a single problem in over 4 years?

Solid feel to the steering wheel and handling.

don't ship this car with less than great tires. It really enhances the driving experience. All cars should find a way to cool the CD Player. Direct AC to it from behind or something.

As reliable as they come
By Paul

2003 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Have owned my Civic for over 3 years. Never had a single problem with it. I was rear ended a couple times for minor damages. The rear bumper is sturdy and does its job well. Gas mileage is good averaging about 28 mpg. Car is extremely responsive to weight change, you will definitely feel a change in how the car handles with extra weight on-board. Sound system is slightly above average.

Reliability, gas mileage.

Noisy at highway speed. Needs more power.

Very happy
By drew

2003 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

This car looks great inside and out especially the lighted dash. It is very reliable and gets good gas mileage. My first tanks of gas have given me 36,32,29,35 and 36 mpg with the last two being mostly highway during the summer. The most important thing about this car is the peace of mind it gives me knowing Honda’s reputation for quality. But, this car is not fun to drive or comfortable (although I’m 6'2" and fit fine) and is definitely underpowered. The car is also really loud. I still recommend this car though.

Gas mileage, looks, reliability

Softer ride, more power, quieter engine