Used 2003 Honda Civic Coupe Consumer Reviews - 181 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Honda Civic Coupe

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

All right at first
By zach

2003 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

This car was all right at first, just a little vibration due to a loose motor mount. The transmission went out 5 months later and it's broken beyond repair is what I was told. It'll total 3 grand for a new one and I need to shell out cash for worn left and right bushings, a leaky cv boot, and a new motor mount. Don't bother buying unless you can get it from dealer under warranty.

V-tech engine, clear tweeters, moonroof, interior style

Put in a decent tranny!

Transmission!
By Cyndee

2003 Honda Civic Coupe HX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my 2003 brand new and most of my mileage was freeway for 4 of the 6 years. Positives: Mileage 38 mpg town and over 45 Hwy. Fun and zippy Negatives: Transmission at 90m bad noise and at 110 embarrassing. It's said to be a Civic problem avg. at 120m. Heater vents above stereo. In the winter with loud music blew 4 different Honda stereos before they put a Pioneer in for me. Replaced catalytic at 60m. Trunk leaked from day 1 under trunk and they never found it. Thank God I'm in So.Cal. I have had a bad time with my Honda, but still loved it. I can say I will not buy another when it finally dies!

Gas Mileage 36-38 mpg still around town.

Transmission, Road noise, No heater vents near stereo

2003 Honda Civic LX
By 2003 Honda Civic LX

2003 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I got this car from a used car dealer about 1 year ago, and have not had any problems whatsoever. I will say that the seats aren't all that comforting for long rides and the default radio system lacks, but aside from this, no complaints. Overall, this car is very reliable.

Great gas mileage and reliability thus far. Great room space: can fit a big person comfortable for such a small car.

Better seats for back support. Gets a bit uncomfortable when on long rides.

JDM
By Al

2003 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I love my 03 civic it hasn't given any problem since i bought it i'm reaching the 80,000 mile mark and the car is still running great I've made significant performance upgrades to enhance my driving experience the car overall is great whether your just buying it as a regular day car or a tuner car. Hondas are great.

Vtec

More hp in stock engines, navigation.

best mileage out of a totally gas engine
By matt1689

2003 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I've got a 2003 honda civic ex coupe totally gas engine 1.7 L 5 speed i've got about $200 worth of upgrades in it, trust me its totally worth it.. I'm getting avg 44 mpg on the highway and 37 in the city, it's got a cold air intake with a ram air inductor new exhaust, came stock with 2 mufflers, now it has one straight pipe with one straight muffler, plus a small performance chip, i go within 3mph of the speed limit and when I'm coming up on a stop or going down hill i kick it into neutral. i can get between 550 and 650 miles per fill up depending on how i'm driving, i always fill up b4 the gas light comes one

replace the exhaust system, put a cold air intake with a ram air inductor and an Intake Air Temperature sensor chip, it'll cost around 200 for everything but the money you save in gas is well worth it