Used 2003 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews - 589 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Honda Civic

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Adequate Car for the initial cost
By hardfire454

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have never been one to be impressed by Hondas, but this hybrid was in my price range so I bought it. Overall, it was cheap in every way, you get what you pay for. This car on various occasions wouldn't start, so I'd wait a half hour, and it would start. This is by far the most uncomfortable car that I have ever owned, the battery was just replaced for free by the dealer. The car's transmissin also has needed expensive repairs many times. If you need good mileage, and don't have any money, this is the car for you.

Fuel economy, interior design.

Reliability, Comfort, exterior styling, better warrenty.

Beware: Battery goes right after warranty
By formerhondafan

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Just a warning to those looking at this car.
I bought in 2002 (2003 model) and have been the only owner for just over 8 years.
Five months past the warranty, the battery failed and now I have to pay $3000 to have it replaced.
The car has less that 80,000 miles, but because I've owned it over eight years, the warranty has expired.
This is simply too much of an expense to be reasonable or fair.
It certainly doesn't justify the gas savings.
I am very disappointed in Honda and will not buy another one, because of this experience.

I was very pleased with this car, until the battery failed.

I think that a $3,000 expense to replace a battery is WAY too much.

Great Car
By Jason

2003 Honda Civic GX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl CVT)

Bought the car new May of 03. I have 155,000 miles on it currently gas mileage has always maintained 33-34 no matter the driving environment.I have had all the schedule maintenance done by the dealer. I have replaced tires, battery etc... No problems what so ever!!! The interior material could have been a little better the paint is thin and the bumper paint is peeling like acid was poured on it.

Reliable, reliable, reliable.

Better interior materials, and the paint is thin and needs to be improved!

Watch Out For That Tranny
By Adam

2003 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

We take good care of our car. We put low miles on it every year. At 65,000 miles the transmission should not fail. To make it worse, Honda has no interest in making it right. Be very cautious when buying this car. There may not be many complaints about the '03 transmission now, but they're about to come of age. Do a search for '01 transmission problems and start saving for the impending rainy day. Don't say you weren't warned.

Love the moonroof. Great sound system.

Make a reliable transmission.

Satisfaction Survey for my 2003 Honda
By Judy Flanders

2003 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased the car prior to this car six years age, a 1996 Toyota Camry, at the same dealership, Phillipsburg/Easton Honda, and was very pleased with that car as well. I put my trust in this car dealership. I enjoyed driving my Toyota during my ownership. This car, my Honda Civic, is so much fun to drive ( it has a sun- roof). Thank you for the opportunity to voice my review.

Easy to drive, it has a sun-roof, the color red, very good gas mileage, decent trunk space, it has an alarm system that works.

Because I am use to my Toyota, I am still getting use to a little smarter car.